Udacity’s mission is to power careers through tech education. We’re an immersive online learning platform offering practitioner-level education in fields such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Autonomous Systems, Cloud Computing, Product Management, and more.
Udacity transforms the world by providing life-long learners an opportunity to develop cutting-edge skills and enhance their professional and personal lives. We similarly help enterprises transform their workforces and empower employees with the skills of the future.
As a Learning Skills Taxonomist, you will help build out the Knowledge Graphs for Udacity’s growing skills library. You will partner with our content and product development team to build out ontology for our existing and new content. As the taxonomy expert within Udacity, you will evangelize and educate internal teams on taxonomies.
- Build out tooling using third-party tools (Mondeco) to create and update Udacity’s models.
- Work with content, product, and data teams to build out necessary and scalable tooling and processes for content skills.
- Own the data labeling process and structured data entities, and collaborate with internal teams (content, data) to build out the models for the knowledge graph.
- Work with data science and machine learning roles to build and augment knowledge graphs.
- Integrate Content Skills into other skill-based initiatives for our learners and customers.
- Create communication tools and artifacts to evangelize and educate others internally on information management principles.
- Collaborate with important stakeholders and experts (both internal and external) to develop a common vocabulary for the taxonomies.
What We Value
- A background in Library Science, Information Management, or other related fields
- 3+ years of experience managing and creating taxonomies or ontologies
- Ability to communicate with a diverse set of audiences and stakeholders with clarity and depth.
- Life long learner with a passion to educate others.
- Experience working collaboratively across teams to build out scalable systems.
- Detail-oriented with a flexible, can-do attitude.
Our teams proudly embrace and embody Udacity’s values:
- Better Together
- Students First
- Candid and Direct
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (including genetic information), age, veteran status or military status, denial of pregnancy disability leave or reasonable accommodation.