Session Leads are industry professionals who provide world-class technical support to our learners in their Nanodegree journey. All our session leads are handpicked through a rigorous selection process so that we can truly be #studentfirst.
As a Session Lead/Instructor, you will be meeting virtually on a weekly basis with your students for group work, activities and short lectures. During the week, students are expected to study an estimated 10 hours on their Nanodegree programs on their own, and you will be expected to respond to their technical questions and check-in with them to make sure they are making progress.
- Residing in the India or Europe
- Industrial knowledge with React toolkit for creating frontend features
- Technical Proficiency: Redux actions, Test driven development, Automation testing, Software testing, Front-end architecture, CSS Preprocessors like SASS or LESS, RESTful API structure, basics of NodeJS and ExpressJS, React Framework is a MUST (Class-Based Components & Hooks), Git,
- Experience teaching technical concepts and public speaking
- Experience organizing technical talks, events, or forums
- Graduate from Front End Nanodegree Program is an added plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and confidence to lead a group of students
- Students-oriented mindset and focus on understanding their problems
- Innovative approach and proactivity with students that need help
- Positive character, trusted by the students, creating emotional ties in the group
- Existing tech network and experience in technical conversations & discussions
- Flexibility at their current job to take this challenge as a part-time, external contractor
- Managing weekly Connect sessions with students according to Udacity guidelines
- Creating the Udacity Connect session agenda & notes
- Coordinating between the students and the Udacity Connect team
- Reporting to Udacity the weekly overall attendance status of students & observations about each session
- Being present at every Connect session over Zoom, helping students introduce themselves, organizing students in groups and keeping track of time
- Explaining concepts of the Nanodegree program to your group of students when needed
- Solving questions raised by students during the Connect session
- Reporting student's attendance and progress to the Mentor's dashboard
- Communicating with students on Slack
- Weekly check-in with all students on their progress
Why should you apply?
- Earn additional income working from the comfort of your own home
- Contribute to a vibrant, international student community
- Stay updated with the latest in cutting-edge technologies
Learn more about the Session Lead Guidelines.
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (including genetic information), age, veteran status or military status, denial of pregnancy disability leave or reasonable accommodation.