Mentor Success at Udacity
Ensuring students receive great technical support from our Mentors is crucial to student success. In fact, strong mentorship is a core pillar of Udacity’s learning product. As Udacity continues to grow its catalog of Nanodegree programs and tailored learning programs across the globe, we need increasing numbers of technical experts to support students in a variety of ways. To this end, the Mentor Sourcing Team is responsible for sourcing, recruiting and onboarding hundreds of new mentors each year. We are a global team with staff in the US, MENA region, and India.
Recruiting Specialist - Mentor Success
In this role, you will help us source, identify, recruit, interview, hire, and onboard External Contractors for various technical mentorship programs in our company. Our ideal candidate has excellent written and verbal communication skills have 0-1 year of experience in operations. This role requires a candidate with excellent interpersonal skills as you’ll often work closely with stakeholders across different departments.
Some of the specific responsibilities you’ll own:
- Design and implement sourcing strategies to build pipelines of potential applicants with diverse technical skills for programs across the globe. Use data and process refinement to help better identify, target, and recruit top candidates.
- Improve and execute end-to-end candidate hiring processes to ensure each candidate receives a highly positive experience with Udacity. This includes building and cultivating close relationships with key stakeholders to ensure various interviews are organized, coordinated, and consistent.
- Coordinate sourcing and recruiting needs with business partners from other teams such as Content and Customer Success. This includes designing programs and improving existing programs to more accurately forecast needs and reduce turnaround times from initial sourcing to onboarding.
- Analyze and organize data to track key performance metrics related to recruiting conversion rates, recruiting projections, and more.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly comfortable organizing, manipulating, analyzing, and reporting on data in spreadsheets.
- Familiarity with LinkedIn and professional networks used for recruiting.
- Knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems (Greenhouse is a plus)
- Proficiency in documenting processes and keeping up with industry trends
What we value:
- High levels of flexibility, initiative, and self-motivation
- Strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Affinity for conducting repetitive, ongoing tasks
- Experience tracking and analyzing case progress
- Experience using Google Suite (sheets, docs, slides, etc.)
- Experience implementing detail-oriented systems and processes
- An exceptionally high level of attention to detail and experience sorting through large volumes of information to ensure consistency and spot anomalies
- Strong writing, grammatical and proofreading skills in English
- Ability to work independently and proactively, to tight deadlines
Note: This is a contractual position for 6 months
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (including genetic information), age, veteran status or military status, denial of pregnancy disability leave or reasonable accommodation.