In our mission towards powering careers through tech education, we are doubling down on the support that we offer to our students. As a part of this, we want to extend an opportunity to you to become a Mentor in our scholarship programs. Career mentors are industry professionals who provide world-class career support to our students in their Nanodegree journey or beyond. All our mentors are handpicked through a rigorous selection process so that we can truly be #studentfirst.
JOIN THE LEAGUE TODAY
- +2 years of experience in teaching the basics of career development concepts and public speaking.
- Residing in Africa, France or Belgium.
- Bilingual in French and English is a MUST.
- Technical experience in Data Analysis Domain is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of recruitment and headhunting skills.
- English proficiency both written and spoken.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to lead and coach a group of students and build a strong community.
- Familiarity with the Nigerian market’s general careers and employment map and characteristics.
- Ability to assist Udacity students in identifying personal goals, developing leadership skills, and planning career moves.
- Experience in quick resume and LinkedIn profiles screening.
- Completion of one of Udacity Nanodegree programs is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication including PowerPoint presentations.
- Attend bi-weekly meetings with Udacity careers ops for discussing students’ progress.
- Conduct webinars and/or sessions to deliver careers and initial freelancing experience to Udacity learners.
- Support Udacity learners and build a strong sense of community through motivational posts, sharing your knowledge, sharing helpful articles, and answering students’ questions.
- Support in increasing the program’s survey responses.
- Occasionally assisting with hiring partners’ employment requests (announcements, filtration, and screening).
Why should you apply?
- Gain recognition for your knowledge and leadership.
- Network with other top-notch mentors.
- Earn additional income.
- Contribute to a vibrant, global student community.
- Stay updated on the latest in cutting-edge technologies.
There are only a few positions, so please don’t wait too long to apply!
Before applying, we would request you to kindly complete the General Information Form if you haven't filled it already.
Note: Career Mentors are external contractors, if you are a good fit, we will reach out within 3 weeks with the next steps. Please do not apply multiple times for the same position.
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (including genetic information), age, veteran status or military status, denial of pregnancy disability leave or reasonable accommodation.