Udacity is seeking a leader for our Accounting team who will own the strategy and implementation of key processes, programs, and policies that enable the Accounting team to operate effectively and scale globally. This role is a key leadership role for the Accounting team and reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
About the Opportunity
- Lead, organize, and direct all aspects of the Accounting function, including accounting, tax, financial reporting, treasury, accounts payable and receivable, and payroll.
- Guide the organization through the transition from hyper growth private company operations to public company readiness
- Drive improvement of accounting operations efficiencies, effectiveness, and scalability, including the development and execution of policy, process, and system changes
- Oversee all accounting and financial reporting functions, including the monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes, financial statement preparation, technical accounting policies and tax planning and compliance
- Managing all aspects of the annual financial audit and quarterly reviews, including serving as the primary contact for the external auditors, the preparation of all requested information and the overall timeline of the audit activities.
- Develop internal control guidelines and procedures; implement proper financial and regulatory controls
- Set the strategic direction for our accounting and business systems to ensure the proper automation, auditability, and controls on our underlying data and records
- Prepare timely and accurate consolidated financial statements and manage the cadence of financial reporting for our leadership team and our Board of Directors
- Collaborate closely with FP&A on developing processes for forecasting and detailed management reporting needs
- Manage relationships with audit committee, external advisors, bank partners and other financial vendors
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state jurisdictions, and related regulations.
- Train, mentor and develop a high-performing team
- Significant public company accounting experience in a leadership capacity
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Related Discipline
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP & Sarbanes-Oxley and experience working with Big Four auditors
- Experience with international accounting, deep understanding of the nuances of operating internationally
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment that requires the development of scalable business systems and policies, definition of critical business processes, building and implementation of key controls
- Strong ability to simplify complex financial information and problems in a way that can be communicated, understood and embraced for strategic decision making
- Proven track record of collaboration and building of positive relationships with other teams across an organization to effectively make recommendations, implement processes & policies, and minimize risk
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (including genetic information), age, veteran status or military status, denial of pregnancy disability leave or reasonable accommodation.