In our mission towards powering careers through tech education, we are doubling down on the support that we offer to our students. As a part of this, we want to extend an opportunity to you to become a Mentor in our scholarship programs. Career mentors are industry professionals who provide world-class career support to our students in their Nanodegree journey or beyond. All our mentors are handpicked through a rigorous selection process so that we can truly be #studentfirst.
JOIN THE TEAM TODAY
- Resident of Nigeria
- Experience as an active freelancer with at least 2 years of experience.
- Technical experience in Data Analysis or in the field of Data specialization.
- Background in freelancing marketplaces and platforms (such as UpWork, Freelancer.com, PeoplePerHour, guru.com, Fiverr, Khamsat, Mostaql, or TopTal).
- Experience in completing freelancing projects on Freelancer.com and People Per Hour platforms.
- Average annual freelancing earnings of min $2000.
- Graduate from any Data Analyst Nanodegree or a more advanced one in the same field is an added plus.
- Experience teaching technical and/or freelancing concepts and public speaking.
- English proficiency both written and spoken.
- Attend bi-weekly meetings (or when required) with Udacity careers ops for discussing students’ progress.
- Conduct webinars and/or sessions to deliver freelancing experience to Udacity learners.
- Support Udacity learners and build a strong sense of community through motivational posts, sharing your knowledge, sharing helpful articles, and answering students’ questions.
- Verify completed freelancing projects (Gigs) submitted by students.
- Prepare presentation materials for both recorded and live webinars.
- Support in increasing the program's survey responses.
Why should you apply?
- Gain recognition for your technical knowledge
- Earn additional income
- Contribute to a vibrant, global student community
- Stay updated on the latest cutting-edge technologies
There are only Limited open positions, so please don’t wait too long to apply!
Before applying, we would request you to kindly complete the Government General Information Form if you haven't filled it already.
Note: Gurus work independently and set their own schedule. However, the above-mentioned opportunities may be subjected to a specific schedule and agenda.
Udacity's mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We partner with leading companies to learn how technology is transforming industries, then teach the critical tech skills that individuals need for new and better jobs, and companies are looking for in their workforce. With Nanodegree programs ranging from AI and Azure to Data Science, Robotic Process Automation, and Cybersecurity, our online training platform helps even the busiest learners prepare themselves for the most in-demand tech roles.
Udacity's unique learning model of real-world projects and experts and mentors available 24/7 enables an unprecedented degree of engagement with our students, and we are with them through every step of their learning journey—from the first moment a marketing team member might answer a question, to the penultimate moment when a career team member receives word that a graduate has gotten a new job. Always putting Students First guides us as we continue our mission to bring the highest quality learning possible, to as many learners as we can possibly reach.
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We have partnered with AT&T, Google, Lyft, Microsoft, Accenture and more to provide over 22,000 scholarships this year to those from communities under-represented in tech.