Udacity is seeking a talented Instructor/Mentor to manage and facilitate an online/blended UX Learning program. These programmes are run in partnership with the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology in Egypt. (Type of employment: contract/remote).
As a Session Lead/Instructor, you will be meeting virtually on a weekly basis with your students for group work, activities and short lectures. During the week, students are expected to study an estimated 10 hours on their Nanodegree programs on their own, and you will be expected to respond to their technical questions and check-in with them to make sure they are making progress.
- Bilingual (English and Arabic)
- Technical Skills: UX Fundamentals and Design Research, Concept to Low-Fidelity Prototyping, High-Fidelity Prototyping to Post-Launch Analysis
- 1-2 years of experience as a UX Designer/Researcher Role
- Udacity Graduate is a Plus
- Experience teaching technical concepts and public speaking
- Strong interpersonal skills and confidence to lead a group of students
- Students-oriented mindset and focus on understanding their problems
- Innovative approach and proactivity with students that need help
- Positive character, trusted by the students, creating emotional ties in the group
- Existing tech network and experience in technical conversations & discussions
- Flexibility at their current job to take this challenge part-time as a contractor
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently
- Flexibility at their current job to take this challenge as a part-time, external contractor
- Managing weekly Connect sessions with students according to Udacity guidelines
- Creating the Udacity Connect session agenda & notes
- Coordinating between the students and the Udacity Connect team
- Reporting to Udacity the weekly overall attendance status of students & observations about each session
- Being present at every Connect session over Zoom, helping students introduce themselves, organizing students in groups and keeping track of time
- Explaining concepts of the Nanodegree program to your group of students when needed
- Solving questions raised by students during the Connect session
- Reporting student's attendance and progress to the Mentor's dashboard
- Communicating with students on Slack
- Weekly check-in with all students on their progress
Learn more about the Session Lead Guidelines.
Why should you apply?
- Earn additional income working from the comfort of your own home
- Contribute to a vibrant, international student community
- Stay updated with the latest in cutting-edge technologies
Udacity's mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We partner with leading companies to learn how technology is transforming industries, then teach the critical tech skills that individuals need for new and better jobs, and companies are looking for in their workforce. With Nanodegree programs ranging from AI and Azure to Data Science, Robotic Process Automation, and Cybersecurity, our online training platform helps even the busiest learners prepare themselves for the most in-demand tech roles.
Udacity's unique learning model of real-world projects and experts and mentors available 24/7 enables an unprecedented degree of engagement with our students, and we are with them through every step of their learning journey—from the first moment a marketing team member might answer a question, to the penultimate moment when a career team member receives word that a graduate has gotten a new job. Always putting Students First guides us as we continue our mission to bring the highest quality learning possible, to as many learners as we can possibly reach.
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We have partnered with AT&T, Google, Lyft, Microsoft, Accenture and more to provide over 22,000 scholarships this year to those from communities under-represented in tech.