At Udacity, the Analytics Team is deploying data to inform and empower the company with insight, to drive student success and business value. We are looking for a Data Analyst to help advance that vision as the dedicated data partner to our Product and Consumer stakeholders. You’ll help inform their current initiatives and long-term roadmap with data. You will be a key part of a dynamic data team that works daily with strategic stakeholders to deliver data, prioritize resources and scale our impact. This is a chance to affect thousands of students around the world who come to Udacity to improve their lives, and your success as part of a world-class analytics organization will be visible up to the highest levels of the company.
What You'll Do:
- You will report to the Sr. Manager of Data (based in California, USA) and , and collaborate closely with Data Team partners & stakeholders as a key partner for Udacity’s Content development operations. You will work closely with business leaders to ensure that objectives and growth are supported by your data work.
- Support stakeholder needs with: reporting, KPI definition, performance measurement, and deeper analytical insights. Achieve scale by establishing best practices, automating processes, and identifying structural needs.
- Manage, organize and build our content data infrastructure from dispersed, sometimes messy data, for analytical use. Come up with efficient data management techniques, and ways to automate if possible. You will also help to maintain, sometimes manually, data cleaning and mapping processes in place, as related to content data infrastructure.
- Work with partners on building and updating dashboards, with heavy emphasis on accuracy & scale, and designed for clarity. Your work will empower the tracking of trends and identifications of opportunities in our Content development process.
- Balance meeting the current needs of your business partners with long-term progress on strategic initiatives
- Bring 2+ years of professional analytics or analytics-related experience and a team-player attitude, with a demonstrated track record of executing data projects
- Deploy strong skills in SQL and data visualization / storytelling
- Effective communication and people skills with the ability to reliably manage data projects asynchronously. Fluent in English
- You take ownership seriously and hold yourself accountable to always deliver in an accurate manner that builds trust. You thrive at a fast pace and managing multiple workstreams.
- You solve problems in your sleep. Applying critical thinking and a willingness to dive into the details, you produce effective solutions at scale.
- You are comfortable and flexible with the needs of being part of a global team
- You are a curious self-starter, driven to solve problems and find answers. You take charge and flourish when meeting a challenge.
- You enjoy the challenge of building scalable data solutions that bring structure to our data culture
- As an inspiring analyst, you learn business acumen to combine with you data skills
- You work well with multiple analytics & visualization tools, particularly Tableau and Amplitude, and have a familiarity with aggregating data sources and with statistical analysis tools (i.e. Python, R, Stata)
- You are excited to ask questions, push boundaries and follow where data leads in pursuit of new opportunities
Udacity's mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We partner with leading companies to learn how technology is transforming industries, then teach the critical tech skills that individuals need for new and better jobs, and companies are looking for in their workforce. With Nanodegree programs ranging from AI and Azure to Data Science, Robotic Process Automation, and Cybersecurity, our online training platform helps even the busiest learners prepare themselves for the most in-demand tech roles.
Udacity's unique learning model of real-world projects and experts and mentors available 24/7 enables an unprecedented degree of engagement with our students, and we are with them through every step of their learning journey—from the first moment a marketing team member might answer a question, to the penultimate moment when a career team member receives word that a graduate has gotten a new job. Always putting Students First guides us as we continue our mission to bring the highest quality learning possible, to as many learners as we can possibly reach.
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We have partnered with AT&T, Google, Lyft, Microsoft, Accenture and more to provide over 22,000 scholarships this year to those from communities under-represented in tech.