Mentor Operations at Udacity
Ensuring students receive great technical support from our mentors is crucial to Udacity’s success. In fact, strong mentorship is a core pillar of Udacity’s learning product. As the team tasked with designing, delivering, and improving mentor-focused initiatives, Mentor Operations is responsible for mentor sourcing and onboarding, performance, payments, support, and engagement. We are a global team with staff in the US, the Middle East, and India.
Mentor Operations Specialist
In this role, you’ll be responsible for the crucial backend operational work that sets our mentors (and students) up for success. You’ll work closely with partners from our Enterprise teams to ensure their students receive stellar mentor support. You’ll handle inbound mentor concerns and questions. And you’ll help build a growing and robust global community of mentors.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Serve as the internal point person for mentor-related issues from our Enterprise, Scholarship or Government teams. This includes designing, launching, and running pilots to test new forms of mentorship for key partner companies, building strong relationships with stakeholders from these teams, and creating processes to strengthen mentor support for students from these partners.
- Address mentor concerns and answer their questions in a timely, efficient, and helpful manner through multiple forums and channels, including: Zendesk (Udacity’s current CRM platform) and Student Hub (our custom built community platform).
- Strengthen a global community of motivated mentors who proud to support Udacity students on their learning journeys. Among other things, this may include: building and maintaining a Mentor Ops council, organizing and hosting periodic Mentor Summits, conducting ongoing user research and feedback surveys, and running monthly contests to promote great mentorship.
- Collaborate with partner teams at Udacity, such as Student Support, Engineering, and Content to report, track, and resolve issues that impact mentors and students.
- Work with the Mentor Operations team to identify opportunities to create a more delightful mentor experience, and design, launch, and manage backend operational programs to support mentors. Examples include: monthly payments to mentors, measuring mentor performance, and creating more helpful resources for new mentors.
What we Value:
- Experience writing clear and concise emails and other communications for diverse and widespread audiences and engaging with global communities through multiple platforms, such as Slack, and more.
- Comfortable in spreadsheet management and basic data analysis. Eager to become a master at data management, particularly in Excel!
- At least 3 years of working in customer service, supporting customers on CRM platforms (e.g Zendesk), email, or chat.
- Flexibility in using, or learning to use, different methods for tracking and conveying information, such as Zendesk, Google docs, online chat programs and email.
- Adaptable in a fast-paced, environment, and comfortable developing strong working relationships with colleagues across global offices.
- Empathetic, patient, and compassionate, and eager to learn and grow!
Udacity's mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We partner with leading companies to learn how technology is transforming industries, then teach the critical tech skills that individuals need for new and better jobs, and companies are looking for in their workforce. With Nanodegree programs ranging from AI and Azure to Data Science, Robotic Process Automation, and Cybersecurity, our online training platform helps even the busiest learners prepare themselves for the most in-demand tech roles.
Udacity's unique learning model of real-world projects and experts and mentors available 24/7 enables an unprecedented degree of engagement with our students, and we are with them through every step of their learning journey—from the first moment a marketing team member might answer a question, to the penultimate moment when a career team member receives word that a graduate has gotten a new job. Always putting Students First guides us as we continue our mission to bring the highest quality learning possible, to as many learners as we can possibly reach.
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We have partnered with AT&T, Google, Lyft, Microsoft, Accenture and more to provide over 22,000 scholarships this year to those from communities under-represented in tech.