We are looking for an exceptional engineering manager to help lead and grow this high-impact team.
As the leader of the UI Infrastructure team, you’ll grow the team and you'll be hands on keyboard building UI Infrastructure in order to support the Product Engineering teams. You would be working with a team that cares deeply about improving the lives of others, both our fellow Udacians as well as our students.
What You'll Do:
- Hire, Grow, and lead a best in class team.
- Collaborate with designers to continually improve and expand our Design System
- Build and maintain UI Infrastructure packages that support the Developer experience
- Provide support to other developers by fixing bugs and answering questions
- Build tools to monitor and improve important site metrics like performance and accessibility
- Ensure our product and features are built with security as a first priority.
- Collaborate with engineers across the organization to discover problems common across teams that we can help solve
- Assist in documenting procedures and processes, and educating other engineers on best practices
What We Value:
- 2+ years of experience leading teams.
- 3+ years of professional front-end engineering experience
- Deep knowledge of HTML and CSS or SASS
- Experience with a modern web framework, such as React
- Solid understanding of the ins and outs of modern web applications
- A user-centric and empathetic mindset
Udacity's mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We partner with leading companies to learn how technology is transforming industries, then teach the critical tech skills that individuals need for new and better jobs, and companies are looking for in their workforce. With Nanodegree programs ranging from AI and Azure to Data Science, Robotic Process Automation, and Cybersecurity, our online training platform helps even the busiest learners prepare themselves for the most in-demand tech roles.
Udacity's unique learning model of real-world projects and experts and mentors available 24/7 enables an unprecedented degree of engagement with our students, and we are with them through every step of their learning journey—from the first moment a marketing team member might answer a question, to the penultimate moment when a career team member receives word that a graduate has gotten a new job. Always putting Students First guides us as we continue our mission to bring the highest quality learning possible, to as many learners as we can possibly reach.
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We have partnered with AT&T, Google, Lyft, Microsoft, Accenture and more to provide over 22,000 scholarships this year to those from communities under-represented in tech.