Role can be remote (within the U.S.) and is a 5 month contract.
Students come to Udacity to learn new skills to help them land their dream jobs. It’s our job on the Content Team to create educational programs that deliver on this promise.
Curriculum Managers are the linchpin of course development at Udacity. In order to teach our students in-demand, industry-relevant skills, Curriculum Managers pair with industry experts to build courses together. As a Curriculum Manager, you will translate our instructors’ domain expertise into effective learning experiences that teach students real-world skills. You’ll advocate for our students and for instructional quality through every step of course development, analyze student feedback to continue improving our content, and experiment with ways to improve the instructor and student experiences.
- Use Udacity’s tools and processes for developing and maintaining technical course content
- Coach Subject Matter Expert instructors in using Udacity’s tools and pedagogical best practices to design effective learning experiences
- Collaborate with the cross-functional course build team (including video producers, designers, and program managers) to support instructors throughout the course development process
- Serve as the first student during course development, giving feedback and suggestions for revisions on content to create a high-quality student learning experience
- Ensure course materials meet Udacity quality standards and align with style guidelines
- Analyze feedback and performance data from user testing and prioritize revisions to improve the content effectiveness
- Assist course instructors with importing videos, text, exercises, and projects to the Udacity classroom
- Communicate routinely with colleagues and instructors on progress and challenges with assignments
- Manage a variety of assigned tasks and projects each week
- Participate in remote online meetings frequently with instructors and Udacity teams
- Uphold Udacity’s values
What We Value:
- A strong technical foundation - software engineering and data analysis skills are critical
- Prior teaching experience
- Ability to review educational content from a student perspective, surface areas for improvement, and prioritize revisions
- Understanding of online learning and content design
- Excellent English writing skills
- Exceptional intelligence and problem-solving skills
Udacity's mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We partner with leading companies to learn how technology is transforming industries, then teach the critical tech skills that individuals need for new and better jobs, and companies are looking for in their workforce. With Nanodegree programs ranging from AI and Azure to Data Science, Robotic Process Automation, and Cybersecurity, our online training platform helps even the busiest learners prepare themselves for the most in-demand tech roles.
Udacity's unique learning model of real-world projects and experts and mentors available 24/7 enables an unprecedented degree of engagement with our students, and we are with them through every step of their learning journey—from the first moment a marketing team member might answer a question, to the penultimate moment when a career team member receives word that a graduate has gotten a new job. Always putting Students First guides us as we continue our mission to bring the highest quality learning possible, to as many learners as we can possibly reach.
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We have partnered with AT&T, Google, Lyft, Microsoft, Accenture and more to provide over 22,000 scholarships this year to those from communities under-represented in tech.