Udacity's mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We partner with leading companies to learn how technology is transforming industries, then teach the critical tech skills that individuals need for new and better jobs, and companies are looking for in their workforce. With Nanodegree programs ranging from AI and Azure to Data Science, Robotic Process Automation, and Cybersecurity, our online training platform helps even the busiest learners prepare themselves for the most in-demand tech roles.
Udacity's unique learning model of real-world projects and experts and mentors available 24/7 enables an unprecedented degree of engagement with our students, and we are with them through every step of their learning journey—from the first moment a marketing team member might answer a question, to the penultimate moment when a career team member receives word that a graduate has gotten a new job. Always putting Students First guides us as we continue our mission to bring the highest quality learning possible, to as many learners as we can possibly reach.
At Udacity, the Analytics Team is deploying data to inform and empower the company with insight, to drive student success and business value. We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to help advance that vision as a dedicated data partner to our Enterprise stakeholders. You’ll help inform their current initiatives and long-term roadmap with data. You will be a key part of a dynamic data team that works daily with strategic stakeholders to deliver data, prioritize resources and scale our impact. This is a chance to affect thousands of students around the world who come to Udacity to improve their lives, and your success as part of a world-class analytics organization will be visible up to the highest levels of the company.
- You will work with the Principal Analytics Lead for Enterprise (based in California, USA) and partner with business stakeholders in enterprise sales, marketing, and customer success to ensure that objectives and growth are supported by your data work.
- Support stakeholder needs with: reporting, KPI definition, performance measurement, and deeper analytical insights. Achieve scale by establishing best practices, automating processes, and identifying structural needs.
- Balance meeting the current needs of the business with long-term progress on the analytics team strategy for a robust, democratized, data-driven organization
- Drive analytics projects and experiments from end to end. Translate a business question into an analytical framework, efficiently produce reliable data, generate insights through analysis, and effectively communicate recommended actions.
- Organize data, explore trends and identify opportunities across our Enterprise business - B2B marketing, deal selling & seller activity, customer success & engagement, learner activity - to unlock new sources for student success and growth
What we value:
- Bring 4+ years of professional analytics or analytics-related experience and a team-player attitude, with a demonstrated track record of leading data projects that combine business acumen and technical expertise to put data at the center of decisions.
- You solve problems in your sleep. Applying critical thinking and a willingness to dive into the data, you produce immediate value while still keeping an eye on long-term strategy and scalability
- Deploy advanced skills in SQL and data visualization/storytelling
- Effective communication and people skills with the ability to influence diverse audiences and build strong partnerships.
- You take ownership seriously and hold yourself accountable to always deliver in a reliable manner that builds trust. You thrive at a fast pace while managing multiple work streams
- Working experience with Enterprise B2B partners & processes, especially Salesforce
- You are a curious self-starter, driven to solve problems and find answers. You take charge and flourish when meeting a challenge.
- Knowledge of proper A/B testing practices and statistical experiment design
- You work well with multiple modern data tools, such as: Tableau, Amplitude, Fivetran, dbt, Airflow. Familiarity with with scripting / statistical analysis tools a plus (i.e. Python, R)
- You are excited to ask questions, push boundaries and follow where data leads in pursuit of new opportunities
- You enjoy working in a highly dynamic environment where you have a strong voice and your decisions have a significant impact
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We have partnered with AT&T, Google, Lyft, Microsoft, Accenture and more to provide over 22,000 scholarships this year to those from communities under-represented in tech.