Udacity's mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We partner with leading companies to learn how technology is transforming industries, then teach the critical tech skills that individuals need for new and better jobs, and companies are looking for in their workforce. With Nanodegree programs ranging from AI and Azure to Data Science, Robotic Process Automation, and Cybersecurity, our online training platform helps even the busiest learners prepare themselves for the most in-demand tech roles.
Udacity's unique learning model of real-world projects and experts and mentors available 24/7 enables an unprecedented degree of engagement with our students, and we are with them through every step of their learning journey—from the first moment a marketing team member might answer a question, to the penultimate moment when a career team member receives word that a graduate has gotten a new job. Always putting Students First guides us as we continue our mission to bring the highest quality learning possible, to as many learners as we can possibly reach.
The Senior Growth Product Manager will be responsible for the growth of Udacity’s consumer student base and subscriptions, including acquisition, activation, and renewal. Their goal will be step-change growth through product, packaging, and pricing innovation. This role will design and lead large cross-functional global product pricing and packaging launches, as well as improve the ongoing iterative testing process for the conversion funnel. The candidate will drive Growth Product strategy and roadmaps based on in-depth research and analytics insights. This role will report to the Chief Product Officer (CPO) and will be a partner to the Consumer Marketing Director.
The Senior Growth Product Manager will act at the intersection of Core Product and Marketing, identifying how to improve growth through experiences that span the entire lifecycle in partnership with core product management teams. This candidate will need expertise in market and consumer insights, product user research, pricing and packaging, and complex a/b testing. They will focus primarily on understanding the needs gaps Udacity can serve for the current student market segments, as well as new product opportunities to capture new market segments. They will then validate and develop new product innovations in partnership with Core Product and Marketing to serve those markets, such as packaging of current products, pricing strategies, new core product features, and new free/top-of-funnel product experiences.
- Develop b2c growth strategies, including packaging and pricing
- Execute priority launches end-to-end for the company
- Running cross-company major promo, feature, or product launches
- Partner on product strategy for experiences that cross growth and core products
- Define user experiences, policies, and risk mitigations for priority launches
- Write product specifications, test, launch, and GTM plans
- Data analysis in partnership with the data team to investigate issues or research product decisions
- Develop metrics definitions
- Lead cross-team planning to execute larger product initiatives
- Develop plans to address major risks or challenges that arise
- Project planning and tracking across teams in the company
- Run validation tests or pilots on new packaging, pricing, etc.
- Run series of market validation tactics, including market research studies, customer research, behavior data research, prototyping, painted door tests, pilots, and a/b tests
- Validate new market opportunities
- Organize and prioritize growth, consumer experience, and core product experience strategies and tactics
- 3+ years experience in product management with a proven record of successfully launching products or platforms
- Experience in a direct-to-consumer business. Preferably with a global scope where the consumer is paying for the service
- Ability to prioritize well, and articulate your product roadmap across business functions and geographies
- Ability to communicate well, whether in small group discussions or large-scale presentations
- Experience with a/b testing and adept at analyzing results
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We have partnered with AT&T, Google, Lyft, Microsoft, Accenture and more to provide over 22,000 scholarships this year to those from communities under-represented in tech.