Udacity's mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We partner with leading companies to learn how technology is transforming industries, then teach the critical tech skills that individuals need for new and better jobs, and companies are looking for in their workforce. With Nanodegree programs ranging from AI and Azure to Data Science, Robotic Process Automation, and Cybersecurity, our online training platform helps even the busiest learners prepare themselves for the most in-demand tech roles.
Udacity's unique learning model of real-world projects and experts and mentors available 24/7 enables an unprecedented degree of engagement with our students, and we are with them through every step of their learning journey—from the first moment a marketing team member might answer a question, to the penultimate moment when a career team member receives word that a graduate has gotten a new job. Always putting Students First guides us as we continue our mission to bring the highest quality learning possible, to as many learners as we can possibly reach.
The Renewals Manager will be responsible for assisting the Udacity Enterprise Sales team as they support our rapidly growing customer base. They will focus on renewing Udacity’s customers, ensure full usage of Udacity among customers, and identify both risk and expansion opportunities. The Renewals Manager will work closely with the Regional Sales Leaders, Account Executives, Customer Success, Legal, and Finance to ensure the long term success of our customers.
- Work with the VP of Sales Operations and Sales Leaders to develop a renewal process that proactively engages the customers, minimizing churn and maximizing additional usage of Udacity.
- Ensure that renewal and expansion opportunities are properly set up and maintained in Salesforce.
- Create a system and process to identify customers who have high potential of churn, up-sell, and down-sell.
- Be a primary contact to the Sales and Customer Success Teams, collaborating on pricing and account information for complex, non-standard transactions.
- Assist in the creation of renewal & expansion quotes in Salesforce CPQ and other tools
- Serve as a subject matter expert in Udacity’s pricing model.
- Provide an accurate weekly renewal forecast for the current and next quarter.
- Work closely with Sales, Customer Success, Finance, Legal, and the Deal Desk team to streamline the resolution process including notifications and approvals.
- Assist in the creation of replacement contracts and detailed quotes with approvals.
- Provide Customer Success Leaders with regular status updates and accurate visibility to forecasted attrition, and escalate as needed for support.
- Maintain renewal opportunities and associated data as needed to ensure accuracy.
- Identify “at-risk” renewal clients early in the cycle and develop resolution strategies, escalating wherever appropriate.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of sales experience in a B2B sales or renewals environment
- Exceptional communication, partnering, and cross-functional work experience
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets and Salesforce. Experience with Gainsight a plus
- Knowledgeable about Financial best practices - booking policy, revenue recognition, contracts, co-terms, expansions, ACV, and TCV
- Knowledgeable and fluent on renewal metrics
- Salesforce expertise and ability to assess pipeline health, forecast, and deal risk
- Entrepreneurial approach - a high degree of autonomy and self-motivation
- Creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, and highly organized and able to handle a high volume of activity efficiently
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We have partnered with AT&T, Google, Lyft, Microsoft, Accenture and more to provide over 22,000 scholarships this year to those from communities under-represented in tech.