Udacity's mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We partner with leading companies to learn how technology is transforming industries, then teach the critical tech skills that individuals need for new and better jobs, and companies are looking for in their workforce. With Nanodegree programs ranging from AI and Azure to Data Science, Robotic Process Automation, and Cybersecurity, our online training platform helps even the busiest learners prepare themselves for the most in-demand tech roles.
Udacity's unique learning model of real-world projects and experts and mentors available 24/7 enables an unprecedented degree of engagement with our students, and we are with them through every step of their learning journey—from the first moment a marketing team member might answer a question, to the penultimate moment when a career team member receives word that a graduate has gotten a new job. Always putting Students First guides us as we continue our mission to bring the highest quality learning possible, to as many learners as we can possibly reach.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will join our growing Product Design team here at Udacity! You will be aligned to a primary Product team to design experiences that improve outcomes of our students through new learning innovations and experiences. You will also have the opportunity to work on many projects across our product areas. You will design industry-leading experiences for a range of users including students, content creators, enterprises, and government customers.
You will work collaboratively and cross-functionally with other disciplines to create intuitive human-centered solutions to complex problems (see our company value: “Students first”). The Product Design team sits under the Product organization, giving the team an important voice in product decision-making. Product Designers play a key role in advocating for the end user to realize Udacity’s mission. Join our growing team if you want both ownership, mentorship, and exposure to end-to-end design that directly helps people improve their lives and careers.
- End-to-end product design from concept and research to UX and visual design polish
- Design ownership for key projects and features across multiple business units
- Create intuitive and delightful experiences for internal and external users
- Synthesize business requirements into user flows, journeys, jobs, wireframes to present concepts to the rest of the team and other colleagues.
- Execute on designs quickly and efficiently while juggling multiple priorities
- Work closely with product managers to assess problem statements, strategize execution, and define business requirements, user needs, and scope for features across multiple release iterations if necessary
- Collaborate directly with front- and back-end engineers to validate functionality, design quality, and implementation of released features
- Plan and conduct user research initiatives to distill user needs and feedback
- Validate feature ideas and releases through user testing and data gathering in partnership with product managers
- Contribute to growing Udacity’s design culture by participating in design critiques and design advocacy
- Collaborate on design strategy and design system projects with the design leads
What We Value:
- 5+ years of experience shipping digital web and mobile products
- Proactive, positive, and collaborative nature
- Can execute on beautiful visual and interaction design as well as strategic UX thinking
- Strategic, user-first mindset utilizing design thinking to solve complex problems
- Takes initiative, bring ideas to the table, and owns projects
- Has experience building, contributing, or working with design systems
- Is a strong collaborator who embraces working on a small, transparent team
- Open to feedback from project team, fellow designers, and users to improve designs
- Prototyping experience in Principle, Framer, Origami, or similar services
- Experience using industry-standard design tools (Sketch, Figma, etc.)
- Experience designing habit-driving or education technology products
- UX writing (frequently responsible for UX writing)
Consider applying if your experience is close to what we described above. We look for people with exceptional potential, as we know highest performing teams include people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We have partnered with AT&T, Google, Lyft, Microsoft, Accenture and more to provide over 22,000 scholarships this year to those from communities under-represented in tech.