Udacity's mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We partner with leading companies to learn how technology is transforming industries, then teach the critical tech skills that individuals need for new and better jobs, and companies are looking for in their workforce. With Nanodegree programs ranging from AI and Azure to Data Science, Robotic Process Automation, and Cybersecurity, our online training platform helps even the busiest learners prepare themselves for the most in-demand tech roles.
Udacity's unique learning model of real-world projects and experts and mentors available 24/7 enables an unprecedented degree of engagement with our students, and we are with them through every step of their learning journey—from the first moment a marketing team member might answer a question, to the penultimate moment when a career team member receives word that a graduate has gotten a new job. Always putting Students First guides us as we continue our mission to bring the highest quality learning possible, to as many learners as we can possibly reach.
Udacity Data Engineering Team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us to design and develop Udacity’s company-wide data solutions. The ideal candidate will be comfortable talking to data analysts, understand the data that power their products, generalize it and implement common fact tables across the company.
This is a high-impact opportunity and you’ll be a part of a team of highly talented Software Engineers, as well as Data Analysts and Data Scientists. The system you will be working on consists of a cloud-based data lake and is built completely on AWS using technologies such as Apache Spark, Airflow, Postgres and Redshift.
- Providing technical leadership in the Data Engineering team
- Designing and developing infrastructure and tools for our data system
- Working across multiple data analysts to brainstorm the data points behind their dashboard and generalizing it in form of “fact stores”
- Building out the cloud-based data solution with strong focus on accuracy and reliability using technologies such as Spark and Airflow on AWS
- Working with stakeholders from other departments and successfully translating their requirements to engineering solutions
- Being a champion and thought leader of effective agile software development practice and producing high quality readable code in such a setting
- BS or MS in Computer Science , MIS or related degrees
- 6+ years of experience working in the software industry, with at least 3 of which in data engineering
- Solid understanding and experience practicing Agile software development methodologies such as test driven development
- Good understanding in the principles of building robust data processing pipeline and track record of putting them in practice
- Proven ability to trace, identify and resolve issue in data, infrastructure and code
- Hands-on experience working with Apache Spark, AWS and relational databases
- Proficiency in Scala, Python and SQL
- Experience with microservice architecture, Go, and node.js is a strong plus
- Experience working with US or Europe based remote teams is a strong plus
You will receive:
- A competitive base salary
- Top-end bonus structure that rewards you for meeting and exceeding goals
- Pre-IPO stock options
- An amazing team to support your success and growth on the Udacity Data Team
Consider applying if your experience is close to what we described above. We look for people with exceptional potential, as we know highest performing teams include people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We have partnered with AT&T, Google, Lyft, Microsoft, Accenture and more to provide over 22,000 scholarships this year to those from communities under-represented in tech.