Udacity's mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We partner with leading companies to learn how technology is transforming industries, then teach the critical tech skills that individuals need for new and better jobs, and companies are looking for in their workforce. With Nanodegree programs ranging from AI and Azure to Data Science, Robotic Process Automation, and Cybersecurity, our online training platform helps even the busiest learners prepare themselves for the most in-demand tech roles.
Udacity's unique learning model of real-world projects and experts and mentors available 24/7 enables an unprecedented degree of engagement with our students, and we are with them through every step of their learning journey—from the first moment a marketing team member might answer a question, to the penultimate moment when a career team member receives word that a graduate has gotten a new job. Always putting Students First guides us as we continue our mission to bring the highest quality learning possible, to as many learners as we can possibly reach.
The Sales Development Manager will lead a team of Sales Development Representatives that are responsible for developing and qualifying revenue opportunities within their assigned territory. They handle inbound, marketing-generated leads and do outbound prospecting to target accounts through strategic research and cold calling and digital campaigns to generate meetings with Enterprise Account Executives. You’ll work closely with regional sales VP’s and with the marketing team to make sure the teams are aligned and expectations are met. You will play a key role as you lead/manage this highly visible and motivated team that achieves individual, team and organizational quotas. You'll be a valuable contributor to the enterprise marketing and sales strategy while providing definition and implementation of the plan for Sales to achieve corporate objectives.
- Hire, train and manage a team of Sales Development Reps
- Closely manage both inbound-focused SDR’s and outbound SDR’s to achieve new meetings goals among Sales’ Top 10 target accounts
- Report on sales activity and forecast to senior sales management
- Motivate individuals and team to exceed objectives through coaching, regular broadcast of results, and creative incentives
- Work closely with VP’s of Sales and RVP’s to align with their target account priorities
- Work closely with Enterprise Marketing to provide input and feedback on marketing pipeline generation programs and ensure all inbound leads are promptly followed up on
- Identify and make recommendations for improvement in the areas of process, efficiency, personalization, and productivity
What we value:
- 3-5+ years of experience in sales management or sales development management, with a consistent proven track record of overachievement of quota expectations
- Established experience in SaaS or similar enterprise business focused on selling to the Fortune 500/Global 2000 with sales cycles >6 months.
- Proven record of success in hiring, training, developing, and managing people to achieve performance goals
- Successful track record in a high volume transaction sales environment
- Experience with an account-based go-to-market (Demandbase, 6Sense, Terminus) preferred
- Outstanding communication, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent presentation and listening skills
- Must be able to thrive in a very fast paced environment
- Process oriented
- Experience with Salesforce, SalesLoft, LinkedIn Sales Navigator or ZoomInfo, and other relevant sales operations apps
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We have partnered with AT&T, Google, Lyft, Microsoft, Accenture and more to provide over 22,000 scholarships this year to those from communities under-represented in tech.