Udacity's mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We partner with leading companies to learn how technology is transforming industries, then teach the critical tech skills that individuals need for new and better jobs, and companies are looking for in their workforce. With Nanodegree programs ranging from AI and Azure to Data Science, Robotic Process Automation, and Cybersecurity, our online training platform helps even the busiest learners prepare themselves for the most in-demand tech roles.
Udacity's unique learning model of real-world projects and experts and mentors available 24/7 enables an unprecedented degree of engagement with our students, and we are with them through every step of their learning journey—from the first moment a marketing team member might answer a question, to the penultimate moment when a career team member receives word that a graduate has gotten a new job. Always putting Students First guides us as we continue our mission to bring the highest quality learning possible, to as many learners as we can possibly reach.
Role can be remote within the US
The Content Strategy team is looking for a superstar Learning Architect responsible for designing courses and other learning products in partnership with technical experts and industry leaders such as Microsoft, AWS, Intel, and others. You will collaborate on course visioning and strategy sessions for new and updated courses while ensuring alignment within the learning product portfolio. The Learning Architect works closely with stakeholders to incorporate proven learning strategies and quality practices into the course portfolio while advising on learning outcomes, skill mapping, and learning paths. You will provide expertise in the areas of project-based learning, practitioner development, and skill-oriented course design. The Learning Architect must also be able to learn rapidly about new technologies and platforms, technology roles and teams, and various customer groups in technology fields and their needs
- Collaborate closely with subject matter experts, content partners, and thought leaders to design courses, including learning outcomes, detailed content outlines with lesson plans, and project proposals
- Identify scope and sequence, prerequisite and requisite skills, and technical requirements for each learning product and align to taxonomies within the product portfolio
- Ensure course designs are relevant, current, and aligned to workforce skills in technology and technology-adjacent fields and Incorporate relevant data and customer feedback
- Incorporate workforce, industry, and technology trends, marketing research, and competitive landscapes into insights on instructional options, core themes, and topics for course and curriculum design
- Work closely with members of the content strategy team in content roadmapping and integrating course designs into product briefs and narratives
- Serve as a liaison to teams within the content organization, marketing and sales professionals, service teams, and other staff in the alignment, implementation, and delivery of learning products
- Build new capabilities and efficiencies through improved processes, automation, dashboards, and documentation that enable data-driven decision making
What we value:
- 3+ years in instructional and/or curriculum design
- A life-long learner with a passion for working with technical experts and educating others
- A strong technical foundation or familiarity with technical fields, which may include proficiency in at least one computer language, an understanding of software development, or strong data analysis skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills that seeks opportunities to build constructive relationships, influence effectively, and cooperative alignment with a diverse group of peers, experts and content partners to achieve business objectives
- Ability to work on multiple projects in concert, both independently and as a member of the Content Strategy team
- Grittiness and a demonstrated ability to persist in the face of adversity over an extended period of time
Udacity is a fast-paced work environment in a flat organizational structure that places emphasis on autonomy and collaboration to deliver results. We’re looking for a self-starter who can operate under pressure in the face of uncertainty and is comfortable developing structure and process where none may yet exist. It’s a demanding role with a tremendous upside for the right candidate.
Consider applying if your experience is close to what we described above. We look for people with exceptional potential, as we know highest performing teams include people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We have partnered with AT&T, Google, Lyft, Microsoft, Accenture and more to provide over 22,000 scholarships this year to those from communities under-represented in tech.