Udacity's mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We partner with leading companies to learn how technology is transforming industries, then teach the critical tech skills that individuals need for new and better jobs, and companies are looking for in their workforce. With Nanodegree programs ranging from AI and Azure to Data Science, Robotic Process Automation, and Cybersecurity, our online training platform helps even the busiest learners prepare themselves for the most in-demand tech roles.
Udacity's unique learning model of real-world projects and experts and mentors available 24/7 enables an unprecedented degree of engagement with our students, and we are with them through every step of their learning journey—from the first moment a marketing team member might answer a question, to the penultimate moment when a career team member receives word that a graduate has gotten a new job. Always putting Students First guides us as we continue our mission to bring the highest quality learning possible, to as many learners as we can possibly reach.
The Classroom and Content Engineering team is responsible for maintaining and developing Udacity’s core product with over a million monthly users worldwide. We develop the tools that drive the interactions with the student from the time their class starts until they graduate as we continually strive to be the industry leaders in innovation. We put our students first and focus on giving them the best experience possible.
As a Full-Stack Product Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining our most important product: Our students’ learning experience, along with all the custom tools our instructors use to build our world-class learning content.
- Design, build, ship, and maintain new and existing features and infrastructure supporting Udacity’s classroom and content creation tools
- Contribute ideas, software design, implementation, code reviews and deployments
- Develop and maintain comprehensive monitoring, alerting, and incident response protocols for your products and services services to reach our service level guarantees
- Participate in on-call rotation for production incident response.
- Ensure our classroom and tools comply with best practices in accessibility, internationalization and localization
What We Value:
- You have two or more years of experience working in a product-oriented software engineering role
- An ability to express complex technical ideas clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Experience designing, building, delivering, and maintaining reliable and scalable microservices. We’re not as interested in experience with specific languages or frameworks, as we are in your engineering skill and demonstrated ability to ship, but you’d primarily be working with React, Node, GraphQl, go, PostgreSQL, and Redis.
- You thrive on fast-moving, autonomous product teams which push products to end users
- You are passionate about your users’ experience
Consider applying if your experience is close to what we described above. We look for people with exceptional potential, as we know highest performing teams include people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We have partnered with AT&T, Google, Lyft, Microsoft, Accenture and more to provide over 22,000 scholarships this year to those from communities under-represented in tech.