Udacity's mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We partner with leading companies to learn how technology is transforming industries, then teach the critical tech skills that individuals need for new and better jobs, and companies are looking for in their workforce. With Nanodegree programs ranging from AI and Azure to Data Science, Robotic Process Automation, and Cybersecurity, our online training platform helps even the busiest learners prepare themselves for the most in-demand tech roles.
Udacity's unique learning model of real-world projects and experts and mentors available 24/7 enables an unprecedented degree of engagement with our students, and we are with them through every step of their learning journey—from the first moment a marketing team member might answer a question, to the penultimate moment when a career team member receives word that a graduate has gotten a new job. Always putting Students First guides us as we continue our mission to bring the highest quality learning possible, to as many learners as we can possibly reach.
Udacity is looking for a Regional Vice President of Federal Sales. As the Federal Sales leader, you are responsible for the growth strategy and management of our Federal team. Essential to success in this role is a keen ability to develop teams and relationships within the Federal ecosystem. Your team is responsible for selling Udacity’s Products and Solutions to Federal agencies.
A successful track record of managing Federal Sales teams is imperative for success.
- Owns and leads the Federal sales team, quota, revenue targets, and sales projections
- Use relationship management techniques to develop selling opportunities within partner organizations; penetrate new divisions and organizations within assigned partner accounts; develop new selling relationships within assigned partner accounts; develop new direct selling opportunities.
- Build and strengthen the business relationship with current accounts and new prospects.
- Recommend marketing strategies.
- Provide product feedback back to engineering to improve Udacity solutions
- Work with marketing team to ensure effective marketing strategy and channel team on channel strategy
- Ensure timely and accurate revenue, customer and management reports using required systems, evangelizing the use of SFDC for forecasting requirements and prospect tracking
- Manage, mentor and ramp all account executives on the team as well as partner closely with Customer Success Management and Solution Architect teams to ensure target quotas are achieved and exceeded
- Travel when required
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including presentation skills.
- Proven track record in people & sales management
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees within the sales function and across functions including Marketing, Sales Operations, System Engineering, and Product Development.
- Experience with Force Management target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques
- An aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems as well as the competitive landscape.
- Ability to communicate with senior managers about their business challenges and Udacity data management storage solutions.
- Experience using SFDC and other CRM software.
- Track record of exceeding assigned sales quotas in contiguous, multiple years.
- Experience that demonstrates a strong level of expertise in technical specifications required to sell Udacity products and services is required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience and knowledge of Federal agencies
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We have partnered with AT&T, Google, Lyft, Microsoft, Accenture and more to provide over 22,000 scholarships this year to those from communities under-represented in tech.