As a Growth Engineer, you will be a key contributor to our user facing growth services, including supporting many of the key touch points of our students that are interested in joining the Udacity ecosystem. Growth engineering builds and iterates on the technical systems that support the user conversion funnel (user activation, exploration, discovery, conversion/payment, and retention). You will be working with a focused team to develop the infrastructure and systems that serve this user journey and create solutions that highlight Udacity's unique advantages.
This Engineer can work remotely from home while living in the United States or Canada.
What you'll do:
- Own the services that power the consumer purchase journey, including catalog management, checkout, payment processing, and subscription lifecycle management.
- Continuously improve the end-user experience through rapid experimentation.
- Debug production issues that span multiple internal and external services.
- Improve tooling and processes.
- Research and find ways to make payments infrastructure more robust and scalable, both organizationally and technically.
What we value:
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with competing needs and ambiguous situations
- Competency in object-orientated programming and systems thinking. Someone who strives to improve development and operational efficiency by removing accidental complexity; simplify complex systems into elegant abstractions.
- A great team player who enjoys working with a diverse group of people from Marketing to Student Support to ensure students have the best experience; to Data and Accounting in maintaining the accuracy of financial data.
Nice To Have:
Udacity's mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We partner with leading companies to learn how technology is transforming industries, then teach the critical tech skills that individuals need for new and better jobs, and companies are looking for in their workforce. With Nanodegree programs ranging from AI and Azure to Data Science, Robotic Process Automation, and Cybersecurity, our online training platform helps even the busiest learners prepare themselves for the most in-demand tech roles.
Udacity's unique learning model of real-world projects and experts and mentors available 24/7 enables an unprecedented degree of engagement with our students, and we are with them through every step of their learning journey—from the first moment a marketing team member might answer a question, to the penultimate moment when a career team member receives word that a graduate has gotten a new job. Always putting Students First guides us as we continue our mission to bring the highest quality learning possible, to as many learners as we can possibly reach.
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. We have partnered with AT&T, Google, Lyft, Microsoft, Accenture and more to provide over 22,000 scholarships this year to those from communities under-represented in tech.