Dallas, TX preferred, but role is open for remote (within the US).
Udacity’s mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We are an immersive online learning platform offering hands-on training in fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, data science, autonomous systems, cloud computing, and more. We are backed by top-tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Charles River Ventures, Bertelsmann and Drive Capital.
Focused on self-empowerment through education, Udacity is transforming the world by upskilling lifelong learners in cutting-edge technologies while creating meaningful impact. Udacity partners with leading enterprises to bridge gaps in talent and skills, and as their partner of choice, we provide a powerful and differentiated solution to address their needs.
About the Role
The Retention Team is a cross-functional effort focused on acquiring, engaging, and retaining students. The Retention Team spans three functions: Cancellation, Assisted Sales, and Outbound, each of which is facilitated through various channels (e.g. chat, call center). The Retention Team Lead will be responsible for Udacity’s global retention success for our B2C students, and will oversee these three functions.
- Manage 20+ person cross-channel retention team, including retention specialists and inside sales representatives
- Manage relationships with external vendors responsible for call center operations, chat center operations
- Streamline reporting and metrics across all retention channels and drive culture of hitting targets and data-driven accountability
- Develop and implement a training and QA plan across all retention channels and teams
- Drive improvements in retention metrics, including retention rate, first response time, handle time, and other critical metrics
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to build a roadmap for Udacity’s retention strategy
What We Value
- 4+ years of work experience, with 3+ years of B2C inside sales experience and 3+ years of leadership and/or management experience
- Detail-oriented and data-driven thinker, with an ability to solve multi-dimensional problems
- Inspirational with a track record of success, evidenced by results from prior roles and people willing to work for her again
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with an ability to navigate startup ambiguity
- Clarity of thought and conciseness in communications, oral and written
- Comfortable working across geographies, teams, and levels of the organization. You’re a strong communicator with the ability to motivate and inspire cross-functional teams
- Experience selling a premium consumer product by phone/chat
- Experience managing a B2C retention team
- Prior experience in online education: MOOCs, bootcamps, ISAs
- Passion for education
Consider applying if your experience is close to what we described above. We look for people with exceptional potential, as we know highest performing teams include people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
Udacity is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe that the unique contributions of all Udacians is the driver of our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.