Udacity’s mission is to power careers through tech education. We’re an immersive online learning platform offering practitioner level education in fields such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Autonomous Systems, Cloud Computing and more. We are backed by some of the best known investors - Andreessen Horowitz, Charles River Ventures, Bertelsmann and Drive Capital to name a few.
Udacity has the potential to transform the world at large scale by providing the life-long learners an opportunity to re-skill or upskill them in future bleeding edge skills and create a meaningful impact in professional and personal lives. We are similarly helping the enterprises solve the talent shortage issue by being their partner of choice in transforming their workforce while they embark on a digital transformation journey. If you are inspired to be part of something amazing... read on!
We’re currently in search of a strategic and operational leader to design a top-notch global compensation program for our employees. In this role, you will drive the development and execution of our global compensation needs. You will build our compensation philosophy and strong and scalable processes together with the Executive team. These programs are core to our employee value proposition and not only enable us to attract excellent talent, but retain our world-class team. You will be a key member of the People Leadership team, reporting to our VP of People and Places.
- Partner with the Executive Team, and Compensation Committee to align on a company-wide compensation and benefits philosophy in line with Udacity’s business needs, culture, and values
- Be a thought-leader on our long-term compensation and equity strategy roadmap, keeping in mind the significant risks and opportunities involved
- Drive benchmarking of company programs in order to ensure market competitiveness
- Build and maintain a job architecture that is scalable and ensures global compliance
- Work closely with HR Business Partners and Recruiters on offers, promotions, transfers as an internal consultant on all aspects of compensation
- Develop and maintain effective communication strategies to drive employee awareness and understanding of all compensation and benefit programs
- Collaborate on business location strategies through the lens of compensation and people strategy
What we value
- 8+ years of compensation experience, ideally across multiple companies of various sizes and stages, both private and public
- Deep understanding of stock options, RSUs, and other equity offerings
- Experience building and running compensation programs globally in a start up, including incentive-based plans for enterprise
- Expertise in using Radford data and other data sources for best-in-class benchmarking
- Analytically driven, with fluidity in Excel and Google Sheets
- Clear communications, able to bridge a big picture vision and a tactical plan that our employees understand at the lowest level of detail
- Ability to consult and influence C-level Executives and Board Members
- Strong business acumen, financially astute, and detail oriented
- Roll up your sleeves mentality, as this is a leadership position but will still be involved in individual contributor work
- Collaborative and consultative approach with every team member no matter what level
Consider applying if your experience is close to what we described above. We look for people with exceptional potential, as we know highest performing teams include people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
Udacity is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe that the unique contributions of all Udacians is the driver of our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.