Udacity’s mission is to power careers through tech education. We’re an immersive online learning platform offering practitioner level education in fields such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, Autonomous Systems, Cloud Computing and more. We are backed by some of the best known investors - Andreessen Horowitz, Charles River Ventures, Bertelsmann and Drive Capital to name a few. Udacity has the potential to transform the world at large scale by providing the life-long learners an opportunity to re-skill or upskill them in future bleeding edge skills and create a meaningful impact in professional and personal lives. We are similarly, helping the enterprises solve the talent shortage issue by being their partner of choice in transforming their workforce while they embark on digital transformation journey. If you are inspired to be part of something amazing... read on!
The VP of Human Resources will be a key leader at Udacity and will be responsible for developing a world-class employee experience. He/She will have overall responsibility for directing the Human Resources, Talent Development and Recruiting functions globally.
We believe our employees give us a competitive advantage and this role will aim to create innovative human resources services and programs that enable our people to develop, grow, and succeed. The leader will maintain a strategic and high-level perspective of the company but also be hands on operationally.
This role will partner closely with the CEO, and executive leadership team to ensure successful strategic alignment across the organization. Udacity is a global organization with approximately 350 employees (full-time, contractors and consultants) and has offices in AMER, APAC, and EMEA.
We are seeking someone who understands where we are in our evolution as a company, is ready to build a high performing organization, and proactively plan and prepare for our next stage of growth.
This leader will manage senior team members in HR and Recruiting and strategically partner with executives and senior leaders globally. Specifically, this leader will oversee, improve, and grow all the following core HR, Talent Development and Recruiting areas.
- Lead, develop and deploy a strategic people plan aligned to Udacity’s plan for achieving specific business goals, including talent acquisition, learning and development, performance management, compensation, succession planning, employee relations, engagement/retention strategies and organization design improvements
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and development to the global human resources team; building organizational capability and effectiveness
- Drive a high performing culture that ensures fairness across the organization
- Develop a competitive and mission appropriate compensation philosophy (base, bonus, equity) and practices to implement philosophy globally
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance in all employment related aspects of the organization with thorough knowledge in such areas as EEO, Fair Labor Standards, Wage and Hour, FMLA, and other regulatory requirements, including international office standards
- 10+ years of progressive HR experience, including prior experience leading the HR function as an executive team member required
- Experience working in technology industry required
- Global, multi-site experience required
- Experience developing and managing effective incentive compensation, benefits, and reward and recognition programs globally
- Ability to not only think strategically, but also focus on tactical and operational issues
- A track record of building strong and effective teams of people with complementary skills
- Experience managing M&A or financing transactions from all human resources aspects
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels – CEO, executive team, board of directors, and employees
- Strong conflict resolution skills and the ability to influence a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to travel internationally as needed to execute the function successfully
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.