Udacity’s mission is to power careers through tech education. We're an immersive online learning platform offering hands-on training in fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, data science, autonomous systems, cloud computing, and more. We are backed by some of the best-known investors in the business— Andreessen Horowitz, Charles River Ventures, Bertelsmann and Drive Capital just to name a few.
Focused on self-empowerment through learning, Udacity has the potential to transform the world by providing life-long learners with the chance to skill up in cutting-edge technology and create a meaningful impact in their professional and personal lives. Similarly, we’re helping enterprise companies solve their tech talent shortage issues by being their partner of choice when transforming their workforce. If you're inspired to be part of something amazing....Read on.
We are seeking a hands-on Creative Director with experience developing performance-oriented digital creative. Reporting to the Senior Director of Brand, this role is responsible for the visual style and performance of Udacity creative including our website. This individual will lead an in-house team of designers and other internal/external creative resources to bring our creative strategy to life.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success driving acquisition via direct response and digital performance marketing in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will work closely with Growth Marketing and Lifecycle Marketing on the production of assets for our consumer website, paid media, social media, and email campaigns. The candidate must be comfortable in a start-up and data-driven decision-making environment where creative iteration and A/B testing is the norm. This position is a senior role responsible for building, growing and mentoring a high performing creative team and creative vendor pool.
- Creative execution for performance advertising across multiple vehicles and channels.
- Drive and inspire creative ideation and new ideas.
- Partner with internal channel owners to ensure creative briefs are inspiring and drive creative teams to deliver effective work.
- Manage workload and projects for internal creative team.
- Ensure consistency of brand identity, messaging, and visual expressions across corporate, product, partner, and customer communications.
- Manage a company-wide brand asset database that allows for sharing and distribution of global brand assets, including a photo library and corporate templates
What We Value:
- 8+ years in design and creative asset development with proven success in managing external agencies/freelancers as well as an in-house creative team.
- Experience in Creative Director or Art Director role of in-house creative team.
- Comfort and experience in an A/B testing culture and demonstrated ability to take conversion-driven learning and applying that to improving creative.
- Experience in branded and performance content, especially digital.
- Action-oriented with demonstrated success managing short, competing deadlines to flawless execution.
- Strong performance-driven creative portfolio.
- Relationship Building. Proven ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with clients, colleagues and external partners.
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Prior experience at fast-growing, acquisition-oriented start-up such as e-commerce, fintech or subscription services greatly preferred.
Udacity is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe that the unique contributions of all Udacians is the driver of our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.