Udacity's mission is to democratize education. We're an online learning platform offering groundbreaking education in fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, virtual reality, and more. Focused on self-empowerment through learning, Udacity is making innovative technologies such as self-driving cars available to a global community of aspiring technologists, while also enabling learners at all levels to skill up with essentials like programming, web and app development. Udacity is looking for people to join our Learning Products team. If you love a challenge, and truly want to make a difference in the world, read on!
As a Content Developer, you will build and improve the learning experience for thousands of students enrolled in our Mobile Developer programs, including the Android Nanodegree program, and you’ll play a key role in designing, building and implementing new mobile development programs in areas like design patterns and Kotlin.
What we're looking for:
- An ideal team player: You are humble, hungry and people-smart, and you thrive on a diverse team.
- A doer: You are detail-oriented, obsessed with excellence, and personally offended by mediocrity. You can’t wait to roll-up your sleeves and get things done.
- An open communicator: You demonstrate empathy for our students and your colleagues, and are comfortable holding yourself and your teammates accountable for meeting shared goals.
- A lifelong learner: You are always learning something new, and have a passion for improving the quality of and access to education for fellow students worldwide.
- Develop and build outstanding learning experiences for Android students, from true beginners to advanced learners.
- Improve and maintain content in the Android Nanodegree to ensure that Udacity is providing the best educational experience on the planet for aspiring Android developers.
- Build sample apps, draft project instructions and create rubrics for assessing student work fairly and completely.
- Foster a strong student support community in the Nanodegree Slack community and forums.
- Prior experience developing Android applications preferred; ideally, you have a record of successfully distributing applications in the Play Store.
- Strong proficiency in Java.
- Background teaching programming to others, either formally or informally.
- Experience taking online courses and programs (Bonus points if you’ve taken any Udacity courses or are a Nanodegree graduate!).