Uber ATC is the Pittsburgh R&D hub of Uber’s engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. This team is responsible for developing long-term technologies that advance Uber’s mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere. We are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. Our research will make the process of moving real assets and real people safer and more efficient now, and in the decades to come.
The Systems Test team works to ensure our self-driving technologies are safe, reliable and meet or exceed the requirements our customers and stakeholders expect. We are seeking talented engineers to help organize and drive the complex testing strategy and activities across the organization.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Broad experience in product development of hardware/software/robotic system
- Experience in at least three of the following:
- Systems Engineering and Architecture
- Product Development
- Test Engineering
- Computer simulation testing
- Project management
- Demonstrated ability of requirement management, change control and system level V&V requirements development
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex technical project under time constraints
- Results oriented, with experiencing delivering/launching technical projects to production
- Demonstrated ability to work with outside companies to deliver joint projects
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Affinity for working in a dynamic, global, and technology-focused environment
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and deal with time pressure in an unstructured environment
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or commensurate demonstrable experience
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work at the Big Picture level to ensure thorough testing throughout the product lifecycle
- Act as intermediary between product development engineers and test teams to drive test development
- Create use cases for test teams based on emerging capability development
- Create and maintain mapping between product capabilities and tests
- Drive capability vs. test coverage and traceability reporting
- Develop processes to increase testing efficacy
- Ensure technical issues are addressed during development, prototype builds, and launch
- Work independently across teams
Here are the kinds of skills we're looking for:
- Fast learner. We’re looking for team members who thrive on applying their knowledge, learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the rapid pace of a rapidly evolving research, development, and testing environment.
- Fearlessness. You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time.
- Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of core engineering fields, you understand how all the pieces fit together into integrated systems, and how they impact performance.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code or design "released" until you’re confident it’s correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- A team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and business acumen. You understand requirements beyond the written word and how your technical contributions will influence the viability of future products. Whether you’re working on a software library used by other developers, a sensor to be retrofitted on a test vehicle, or a printed circuit to be mass produced, the other members of the team can depend on the quality of your work to rapidly advance our goals.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays and Uber credits.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.