The Uber Advanced Technologies Group is a division of the elite Uber Engineering Team; a high-performance culture marked by fearlessness and hyper-productivity. We focus on the development of key long-term technologies that advance Uber’s mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere. Our research is primarily in the areas of mapping, vehicle safety, and self-driving technologies. Our team is comprised of world-renowned researchers with decades of experience and we’re looking for superstar engineers who can work harder, faster, and smarter without sacrificing technical excellence.
Do you enjoy developing and testing vehicles in the real world? Are you an independent problem solver with a high level of technical curiosity? Are you willing to put in lots of energy to help bring new technologies from prototype to production? UATC is hiring Road and Track Test Specialists who have a keen attention to detail and willingness to dive in and help us create the best self-driving Ubers operating around the world.
We are looking for Test Specialists who are eager to travel for long stints in the US and abroad while being based in Pittsburgh, PA.
UATG is seeking Test Specialists with the following experience:
- Bachelor of Science in a technical field is preferred
- Operate independently with little or no supervision
- Assist in the development and implementation of new procedures and tests
- Complete tests with guidance from a test engineer or senior test specialist
- Operate self-driving Ubers on a closed course and public roads
- Familiarity with Linux is strongly preferred
- Proficient in communicating with vehicle technicians, test engineers, and leadership
- Comfortable learning new software applications and processes
- Demonstrated interest and technical aptitude to work with modern automotive systems
- Skilled in isolating, documenting, and tracking issues systematically
Here are the kinds of skills we're looking for:
- Fast learner. We’re looking for team members who thrive on applying their knowledge, learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the rapid pace of a rapidly evolving research, development, and testing environment.
- Fearlessness. You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time.
- Versatility. In addition to having a strong aptitude for engineering, you understand how all the pieces fit together into integrated systems, and how they impact performance.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you do; you'd never walk away from a test before it is complete and put in the extra effort to make sure that it is done correctly. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- A team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, cell phone allowance, paid company holidays and Uber credits.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Generous PTO package.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.