Uber ATG is the R&D hub of Uber’s engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. This team is responsible for developing long-term technologies that advance Uber’s mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere. We are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. Our work will make the process of moving real assets and real people safer and more efficient now, and in the decades to come.
We are seeking a strong senior manager to help lead our self-driving vehicle Maps Team. Who can help identify the key open challenges, create a viable road-map and lead a team of world class scientists, software, and data engineers to execute on solutions. We also expect the person to be data oriented - i.e. be able to set up experiments that will generate the data to drive decisions. You will get a chance to use your skills to solve some of the toughest problems Uber faces in the geo-spatial domain using state-of-the-art compute infrastructure and tools. And all this while rubbing shoulders with some of the best scientists and engineers looking to revolutionize transportation at Uber.
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience as a technical leader and manager, leading multiple managers and teams of 40+ engineers for a minimum of 5+ years in a leadership capacity.
- Experience going through the full software cycle from requirements, design, coding, testing, rolling out to customers as well as best practices and continuous integration.
- Strong leader and people manager with experience in setting a strong vision/roadmap for your team with a track record of delivering results while growing/mentoring engineers on your team.
- Ability to successfully navigate a complex and ever changing organization in a hyper growth environment.
- Strong programming skills in either Java, C++, Python, or C#
- Experience working with web services and technologies.
- Experience with developing big-data processing pipelines over Hadoop or similar technologies.
- Experience with machine learning/statistical inferencing technologies such as random forests, deep nets, bayesian nets, etc. is a plus.
- Experience in growing and recruiting a world class engineering team
- Experience in mapping, 3D maps, computer vision, or computational geometry is a plus.
- Ph.D. in a quantitative field preferred but not required.
Perks and Benefits:
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.
- Employees receive Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.