The Uber Advanced Technologies Group is the Pittsburgh division of the elite Uber Engineering Team; a high-performance culture marked by fearlessness and hyper-productivity. We focus on the development of key long-term technologies that advance Uber’s mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere. We are ambitious, engaged and excited about disrupting the transportation industry across the world moving real assets and real people. Our research will make this process safer and more efficient now and in the decades to come. Our team is comprised of world-renowned researchers with decades of experience in the areas of mapping, vehicle safety, and autonomy that you would support in their engagements with vendors and service companies.
We are looking to add a talented Customs Compliance Specialist to our rapidly growing team
Work Location: Pittsburgh, PA.
Report to: Pittsburgh, PA office.
This position may require some regular domestic travels (San Francisco, CA and Detroit, MI) as well as occasional international travels.
- Support all customs compliance initiative and competencies, which include the areas of customs entry, classifications (Schedule A/HTS, Schedule B, etc.), valuations, and trade programs & agreements.
- Develop and maintain a classification database/inventory, which contains all relevant information of the products being imported and exported by the company.
- Manage the necessary customs documentation and online forms (e.g. commercial invoices, EEI/AES, etc.) for the efficient and lawful execution of all import and export activities.
- Analyze duty savings opportunities and assist with the reconciliation process related to Customs valuation.
- Interface with U.S. Customs’ Officers and Customs Brokers on all matters pertaining to customs regulations. Respond to inquiries from Customs Brokers regarding HTS classifications, document requirements, or other import regulations in a timely manner in order to ensure timely clearance.
- Develop standard operating procedures and implement processes for classifications, violation identification, disclosure and records. More specifically, strengthen compliance through automated data collection systems and strategies.
- Maintain effective working relationship and communication with all the relevant company’s stakeholder, including the Export Controls, Trade Compliance, Supply Chain and Global Logistics teams.
- Establish a comprehensive compliance culture within the business. Create procedures and training content for product teams and other cross-functional business partners related to customs compliance.
- Support internal customs audits and compliance reviews for operations globally.
- Monitor the impact of changes in trade laws and regulations.
- At least, 5 years of experiences with customs compliance program management.
- Strong classifications experiences with the US Harmonized Tariff Schedule, General Notes, and Explanatory Notes.
- Experiences communicating with Custom Officers and Brokers.
- Pro-active and strong organization skills.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgement even in ambiguous situations.
- A self-motivated initiative taker who can adjust to different environments and thrives in a start-up culture.
- A good attitude and ability to work as a team.
- Customs Brokerage License is highly preferred.
- Knowledge/Understanding of other Tariff Schedules (such as CA, UK, EU) is preferred (but not required).
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays and Uber credits.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.