The Uber Advanced Technologies Group is a division of the elite Uber Engineering Team; a high-performance culture marked by fearlessness and hyper-productivity. We focus on the development of key long-term technologies that advance Uber’s mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere. We are ambitious, engaged and excited about disrupting the transportation industry across the world moving real assets and real people. Our research will make this process safer and more efficient now and in the decades to come. Our team is comprised of world-renowned researchers with decades of experience in the areas of mapping, vehicle safety, and autonomy that you would support in their engagements with vendors and service companies.
We are looking to add an Export/Import Compliance Specialist to our rapidly growing team.
Work Location: San Francisco, CA.
Report to: Pittsburgh, PA office.
This position may require some regular domestic travels (Pittsburgh, PA and Detroit, MI) as well as occasional international travels.
● Responsible mainly for the export compliance activities of the San Francisco’s office. Also, provide assistance with imports.
● Implement - under supervision by the team lead located in Pittsburgh, PA - procedures to assure compliance with the regulations.
● Daily tasks include but are not limited to: reviewing Restricted Parties Screenings hits; performing deemed-export analysis; handling classifications (ECCN, HTS, etc.); submitting commodity classifications (CCATS); requesting official opinions; applying for licenses; coordinating shipments; etc.
● Act as a liaison with the Pittsburgh’s office and all the relevant stakeholders within the San Francisco’s office (trade compliance, supply chain, global logistics, procurement, HR, etc.).
● Provide regular training session on import / export compliance.
● Manage and maintain export/import files and records in accordance with U.S. Government export/import regulations and Company policies.
● Perform internal audit on export & import transactions and report gap/risk analysis & corrective actions. BASIC
● At least, 5 years of experiences with export/import.
● Strong classifications experiences with the ITAR and the EAR. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS ● Pro-active and strong organization skills.
● Ability to demonstrate sound judgement even in ambiguous situations.
● A self-motivated initiative taker who can adjust to different environments and thrives in a start-up culture.
● A good attitude and ability to work as a team, through multiple locations.
● Export/Import certification(s) (such as IIEI/CUSECO, ECTI/ECOP, etc.) highly preferred.
● Knowledge/Understanding of the US Harmonized Tariff Schedule is also preferred (but not required).
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays and Uber credits.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.