Detroit Office Manager
This role will manage the daily operations of our Detroit (Wixom, MI) office(s). You will ensure that all our facilities management functions are arranged promptly and professionally. We care for our employees, our partners and our visitors and this needs to be communicated through best-in-class facility services. We take a lot of pride in what we do. You will work in close collaboration with the Places leadership team. There is an opportunity to make a difference for how we run our quality services.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be the point person for all Facilities related activities in your city’s offices; our services need to be top notch.
- Manage the budget, contracts and reporting for your office with the aim to report to key stakeholders.
- Be part of the team that makes sure people can be effective starting from their first day at Uber.
- Manage, in collaboration with the Places team, all small to medium remodeling projects and moves.
- Work with site leadership to develop a process that ensures that the offices operate smoothly and all requests are handled effectively.
- Responsible of the day to day services at the offices (catering, maintenance, office material, cleaning, vendor management, EHS organisation, hospitality services etc.) with a drive to make this world-class.
- Procurement and contract management.
- Be the main point of contact to our landlords and service agents.
- Collaborate with the global security team to ensure safety standards are met.
- Manage space planning for your offices (headcount growth, capacity, office moves)
- Standardize our FM processes and make them more efficient and cost effective.
- Coordinate scheduling of on-site visits for key Uber business partners and suppliers.
- WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of experience in facility or office management.
- Someone with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
- Someone who is analytically strong and able to report consistently.
- A service oriented, hands-on lead with a strong vision on the future of facilities management services. This is a role where you’ll help make people more effective and be the Subject Matter Expert in Facilities related matters.
- Leadership and people management skills, internal as well as vendor and partner.
- Superior organizational skills and great follow through on tasks.
- Be a problem solver at heart with a genuine interest in helping.
- A passion for Uber!
- Always Be Hustlin’.
- Be customer obsessed.