Uber Advanced Technology Group is the R&D hub of Uber’s engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. This team is responsible for developing long-term technologies that advance Uber’s mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere. We are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. Our research will make the process of moving real assets and real people safer and more efficient now, and in the decades to come.
Uber ATG UX Research Team is seeking experienced qualitative and mixed methods researchers to help us develop innovative new products and services related to self-driving cars and trucks.
This is a full-time position based in San Francisco, CA.
- Design and conduct user research to evaluate new and current products, using both qualitative studies (field observations, interviews, & remote and in-person usability studies) and quantitative studies (experiments and surveys).
- Identify and explore new opportunities before they make it onto the drawing board.
- Collaborate closely with other researchers, designers, product managers, and engineers.
- Adapt and innovate research practices to meet team needs under the tight timeframes of a rapidly growing company.
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions.
- Connect user insights to A/B experiment (live experiment) with measureable and actionable hypotheses.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant user research experience in product environment. Demonstrable ability to plan and conduct mid-to-large scale research projects, in close collaboration with people in a variety of roles (we work in teams).
- Deep understanding of the strengths and weakness of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Scrappy, self-starter able to deliver results quickly with minimal oversight
- Excellent working knowledge of statistics and principles of survey and experiment design, including sampling, data collection and analysis.
- Ability to clearly, concisely and persuasively communicate research findings.
- Willingness to travel 15% time.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
So, if you’re a great researcher and communicator, comfortable in a high-velocity startup, and unafraid to push the limits, we’d love to talk with you.