The Uber Advanced Technology Center is the Pittsburgh division of the elite Uber Engineering Team; a high-performance culture marked by fearlessness and hyper-productivity. We focus on the development of key long-term technologies that advance Uber’s mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere. Our team is comprised of world-renowned engineers with decades of experience. Our development is primarily in the areas of mapping, vehicle safety, and autonomy. Our team is comprised of world-renowned researchers and engineers with decades of experience and we’re looking for superstar engineers who can work harder, faster, and smarter without sacrificing technical excellence.
As an Uber ATC team member, you'll have a direct impact on the innovation of cutting edge technologies. The work you will do will be tested and deployed on real systems, in real-world conditions. The experience you will gain will be unique and unmatched. Do you dream about changing the world using your passion for science and engineering? Then you should apply to join our team. We are ambitious, engaged and excited about disrupting the transportation industry across the world. We are moving real assets and real people. Our research will make this process safer and more efficient now and in the decades to come.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Act as the Single point of contact/lead for all mechanical issues with the OEM
- Ensure technical issues are addressed during development, prototype builds, and launch
- Resolve mechanical interfaces between ATC content and OEM vehicle
- Diagnose system interface issues, and pinpoint areas of issues that require resolution
- Work internally within ATC and externally with the OEM to lead the resolution of technical issues
- Engage the component design engineers as needed to implement changes required to resolve issues
- Work as a part of the integration team to diagnose and resolve cross domain technical issues
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum 5 years of experience at a Tier 1, or automotive OEM
- Experience designing in CAD, preferably CATIA V5
- Strong technical depth in automotive mechanical systems
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex technical project under timing constraints
- Results oriented, with experiencing delivering/launching technical projects to production
- Demonstrated ability to work with outside companies to deliver joint projects
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Affinity for working in a dynamic, global, and technology-focused environment
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and deal with time pressure in an unstructured environment
- Undergraduate degree in engineering
- Willing to travel
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays and Uber credits.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.