Uber ATC is the Pittsburgh R&D hub of Uber’s engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety. This team is responsible for developing long-term technologies that advance Uber’s mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere. We are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. Our research will make the process of moving real assets and real people safer and more efficient now, and in the decades to come.
As an Uber ATC team member, you'll have a direct impact on the innovation of cutting edge technologies. The work you will do will be tested and deployed on real systems, in real-world conditions. The experience you will gain will be unique and unmatched. Do you dream about improving transit on a global scale using your passion for new technology? Then you should apply to join our team. We are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the transportation industry across the world. We are moving real assets and real people. Our research will make this process safer and more efficient now and in the decades to come.
Uber ATC Hardware Team; Are you a great engineer who excels at managing complex and rapidly evolving designs? Are you an independent problem solver with a high level of technical curiosity? Are you excited about building infrastructure to help bring new technologies from prototype to production? UATC is hiring a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) System Administrator to expand our hardware team and help bring our ideas to market.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Leading technical implementation of complex product lifecycle management system
- Implement new configuration management and design control processes
- Develop custom tools to manage design data and product workflow
Here are the kinds of skills we're looking for:
- 5+ years experience administering an enterprise level PLM system
- Configurations, Workflows, Security Roles/Groups, Troubleshooting, Root Cause
- experience implementing and expanding PLM feature sets
- experience with integrating CAD packages (MCAD/ECAD) and other data sources
- experience executing and/or overseeing software development projects
- strong database and SQL skills (Oracle, SQL Server, etc.)
- knowledge of required infrastructure components (Windows Server, web services, etc.)
- experience with Application Program Interfaces (APIs) and programming skills
- maintaining engineering processes, documentation, and configuration management
Bonus points if you have experience:
- deploying a PLM system from the ground up within an organization
- in administration of various MCAD/ECAD packages
- in automotive and or safety related applications
- in prototype development
- in agile project environments
- BS in Engineering, a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays and Uber credits.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.