The Uber Advanced Technology Center is the Pittsburgh division of the elite Uber Engineering Team; a high-performance culture marked by fearlessness and hyper-productivity. We focus on the development of key long-term technologies that advance Uber’s mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere. Our research is primarily in the areas of mapping, vehicle safety, and autonomy. Our team is comprised of world-renowned researchers with decades of experience and we’re looking for superstar engineers who can work harder, faster, and smarter without sacrificing technical excellence.
As an Uber ATC team member, you'll have a direct impact on the innovation of cutting edge technologies. The work you will do will be tested and deployed on real systems, in real-world conditions. The experience you will gain will be unique and unmatched. Do you dream about improving transit on a global scale using your passion for science and engineering? Then you should apply to join our team. We are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the transportation industry across the world. We are moving real assets and real people. Our research will make this process safer and more efficient now and in the decades to come.
Do you enjoy technology? Are you an independent problem solver with a high level of technical curiosity? Are you willing to put in lots of good ideas to help bring new technologies from prototype to production? UATC is hiring highly skilled mechanical engineers who have great attention to detail, are experts solving problems, have a deep passion for cars, and will maintain a calm professional attitude under all situations. Travel to various locations will be required.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work with safety engineers, regulatory specialists, and designers to rapidly innovate in the transportation space
- Analyze new vehicle occupancy and luggage concepts working with various engineering disciplines to determine legality and feasibility
- Develop digital (RAMSIS or similar) safety and comfort models that quickly inform vehicle layout, seating and closure strategies
- Develop physical models and mockups that inform vehicle layouts, seating and closure decisions
- Create and conduct ergonomic studies for ingress, comfort, egress, and occupant rider experience
- Identify vehicle package targets and develop alternative solutions balancing trade-offs (comfort, function, weight, cost, manufacturing feasibility, etc.)
- Benchmark and catalogue current market vehicles for safety, ergonomics and occupant transportation
- Formulate and analyze strategies around transportation occupancy
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum 10 years of direct experience at an OEM design studio or Tier 1 supplier design team
- Minimum 5 years experience in vehicle level occupant package
- Deep knowledge of automotive development processes, along with the complex criteria involved
- Extensive vehicle systems, attributes, and functional hardware knowledge
- Recent hands on CATIA V5 assembly and mechanical design experience
- High levels of proficiency in digital ergonomic modeling solutions like RAMSIS
- Experience creating vehicle mockups and conducting studies therein
- Outstanding communication skills
- Passion for best in class human experience
- Proven ability to bring concept solutions into volume production
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays and Uber credits.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.