The Uber Advanced Technology Center is the Detroit (Wixom, MI) division of the elite Uber Engineering Team; a high-performance culture marked by fearlessness and hyper-productivity. We focus on the development of key long-term technologies that advance Uber’s mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere. Our research is primarily in the areas of mapping, vehicle safety, and autonomy. Our team is comprised of world-renowned researchers with decades of experience.
We are building a world Class team to integrate our technologies into vehicles. The team includes a strong Program Management team that works to ensure we deliver our technologies on time into vehicles.
Do you dream about changing the world using your passion for excellence and speed in delivery? Then you should apply to join our team. We are ambitious, engaged and excited about advancing the transportation industry across the world. We are moving real assets and real people. Our work will make this process safer and more efficient now and in the decades to come.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Manage Automotive program delivery, including milestones, prototype builds, and launch - with focus on Change control and management
- Establish process to manage changes for all components and vehicle builds
- Interface with OEMs to align technology and vehicle delivery, including prototype builds
- Work with Purchasing, Finance, and internal engineering teams to deliver the program on time and within cost.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum 3+ years of direct experience at an OEM, Tier 1 supplier
- Automotive knowledge and experience - a plus
- Strong Program Management experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage changes on a large project from start to launch
- Experience working cross-functionally to deliver complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to work with outside companies to deliver joint projects - a plus
- Strong business Acumen
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Affinity for working in a dynamic, global, and technology-focused environment
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and deal with time pressure in an unstructured environment
- Undergraduate degree in business, engineering, or similar discipline
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays and Uber credits.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.