The Uber Advanced Technologies Center is the Pittsburgh division of the elite Uber Engineering Team; a high-performance culture marked by fearlessness and hyper-productivity. We focus on the development of key long-term technologies that advance Uber’s mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere. Our research is primarily in the areas of mapping, vehicle safety, and autonomy. Our team is comprised of world-renowned researchers with decades of experience and we’re looking for superstar engineers who can work harder, faster, and smarter without sacrificing technical excellence.
As an Uber ATC team member, you'll have a direct impact on the innovation of cutting edge technologies. The work you will do will be tested and deployed on real systems, in real-world conditions. The experience you will gain will be unique and unmatched. Do you dream about improving transit on a global scale using your passion for new technology? Then you should apply to join our team. We are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the transportation industry across the world. We are moving real assets and real people. Our research will make this process safer and more efficient now and in the decades to come.
Uber ATC V&V Team; Are you a great engineer who enjoys testing? Are you an independent problem solver with a high level of technical curiosity? Are you willing to put in lots of testing time to help bring new technologies from prototype to production? UATC is hiring hardware quality and test engineers to build our V&V team and help bring our ideas to market.
As an hardware test engineer on the V&V team, you will participate in requirements engineering, develop hardware verification and validation plans, develop test cases, design/build test fixtures, execute tests and document results to validate components and systems.
UATC is seeking Embedded Hardware Test Engineers with experience in:
- performing verification, validation and testing activities
- design or testing of embedded systems, micro controllers or firmware
- programming with C, real-time constraints and hardware interfaces
- working with sensor interfaces, such as lidar, GPS and radar
- design, build and maintenance of test fixtures to verify firmware/embedded systems integration
- developing tools and methods to automate testing for rapid deployment
- implementing a wide range of test methodologies (e.g. bench testing, functional testing, integration testing)
- maintaining engineering processes, documentation, and configuration management
Ideal candidates will also have experience:
- in creative problem solving
- with safety critical hardware or software development
- in automotive applications and standards
- in prototype development and testing
- in agile project environments
- in modern automotive electronics and diagnostic procedures
- with CAN Bus vehicle standard and debug
- BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering, a related field, or equivalent work experience
Here are the kinds of skills we're looking for:
- Fast learner. We’re looking for team members who thrive on applying their knowledge, learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the rapid pace of a rapidly evolving research, development, and testing environment.
- Fearlessness. You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time.
- Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of core engineering fields, you understand how all the pieces fit together into integrated systems, and how they impact performance.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code or design "released" until you’re confident it’s correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- A team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and business acumen. You understand requirements beyond the written word and how your technical contributions will influence the viability of future products. Whether you’re working on a software library used by other developers, a sensor to be retrofitted on a test vehicle, or a printed circuit to be mass produced, the other members of the team can depend on the quality of your work to rapidly advance our goals.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays and Uber credits.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.