The Uber Advanced Technology Center is the Pittsburgh division of the elite Uber Engineering Team; a high-performance culture marked by fearlessness and hyper-productivity. We focus on the development of key long-term technologies that advance Uber’s mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere. Our research is primarily in the areas of mapping, vehicle safety, and autonomy.
We are looking for engineering technicians to process 3D LiDAR datasets, and to provide feedback to our software teams to further optimize our tools. We are looking for highly engaged, detail oriented, hard working candidates that are comfortable using custom-built programs for object identification, classification and some very lite image processing. Candidates should be familiar with computer programs that work in 3D space. We are looking for dedicated employees that can help us refine and improve our labeling technology. Therefore, candidates who are keen observers, able to communicate ideas clearly and able to provide thoughtful software feedback will be preferred. Applicants with experience in graphic design, CAD, technical drawing, GIS and video production encouraged to apply.
This is a contract to hire position that will be paid hourly. Work available 40 hrs/week
Are you ready to help us build the future?
Here are the kinds of skills we're looking for:
- Fast learner. We’re looking for team members who thrive on applying their knowledge, learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the rapid pace of a rapidly evolving research, development, and testing environment.
- Fearlessness. You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time.
- Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of core engineering fields, you understand how all the pieces fit together into integrated systems, and how they impact performance.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code or design "released" until you’re confident it’s correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- A team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and business acumen. You understand requirements beyond the written word and how your technical contributions will influence the viability of future products. Whether you’re working on a software library used by other developers, a sensor to be retrofitted on a test vehicle, or a printed circuit to be mass produced, the other members of the team can depend on the quality of your work to rapidly advance our goals.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.