Unit 410 is an experienced team of security, infrastructure, and cryptocurrency engineers. We empower the largest stakeholders to use their crypto in secure and novel ways. To do so, we build institutional-grade systems and solutions for secure network participation. We’ve long believed in the potential of cryptocurrency and are excited to continue pushing forward the state of the art through industry-leading key generation, encryption, and network participation. As we engineer systems and solutions, we often find pieces that we think should exist. So we build them, and whenever possible share those back with the community.
The Protocol Specialist helps to identify new opportunities, and then works closely with our team to capture them. The most common theme across the projects we take on is novelty, supported by our technical ability to work at a scale and pace that few others can. This generates great opportunities and you’ll have a front row seat to the future of cryptocurrency – whatever that may be.
- Collaborative: You’re great with people and collaborating across teams to deliver results. There are often complex incentives between technical teams, communities and institutions and you would be the glue that brings them together to come up with better solutions together.
- Analytical: Our best results have come from counterintuitive or disruptive perspectives. You’re comfortable objectively evaluating new opportunities and identifying insights that others have missed.
- Clear Communicator: Working with many people means working with diverse perspectives and disparate datasets. You effectively process information and communicate a clear path forward for all parties.
- Curious: You’re the type of person who explores cutting-edge tech. You might already be exploring the applications rising on new networks, and are testing out the latest cross-chain bridges. We’re passionate about crypto and you are too.
- Support Institutions: Identify new opportunities to support institutions participating in new networks . Proactively identify risks and new ways to provide a great experience.
- Ship Projects: Work with Unit 410 engineers to prioritize and deliver technology that supports participating with new digital assets.
- Research Protocols: Research new opportunities for existing protocols we support.
- Participate in Communities: Collaborate with the communities developing new networks to understand and push for long term success. This includes proposals, blog posts, open sourcing our software, and supporting new projects.
Nice To Have
- Previously worked closely with layer 1 and layer 2 protocols (building, participating, researching).
- Has published research, analyses, articles, or blogs on blockchain projects or protocols.
- Experience working with, and deriving insights from, on-chain data.
Why Unit 410
- Opportunity to collaborate with some of cryptocurrency’s most experienced engineers and entrepreneurs.
- Work in an atmosphere that favors intellectual challenges and growth.
- Access to the scale and resources needed to power the future of our industry.
- Start-up size with industry-wide impact and autonomy.
- Great personal growth opportunities to grow and change with us.
The base salary range for this position is $100k to $200k. This position is eligible for incentive compensation in the form of a bonus.
Unit 410 is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Unit 410 does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.