Unit 410 is a small, senior team of intrepid engineers empowering some of the largest cryptocurrency holders to securely and actively participate in new and novel networks and opportunities. We work with founders to launch new networks and are often the largest participants when they launch. This is a hybrid security focused role embedded within our encryption team working closely with our supported protocols to generate, sign, and broadcast operations that keep us at the forefront of crypto.
- Detection & Response: Understanding, instrumenting, and automatically generating high-signal alerts from production infrastructure events to provide early indicators of compromise. Planning and rehearsing responses to these alerts to minimize the likelihood they turn into a production incident.
- Risk Modeling: Sourcing and evaluating risks from a diverse set of perspectives across and external to our team. Prioritizing security efforts based on these risk assessments.
- Infrastructure Hardening: Working with infrastructure engineers to design and implement hardened, layered infrastructure. Improving deployment pipeline code-signing and verification tools and processes.
- Cryptocurrency Network Monitoring: Understand and model unique risks to our participation across networks in Proof of Stake (PoS) networks and adverse consequences (such as slashing, double signing, et cetera). Monitor for unsafe conditions and design stronger protections to safeguard our assets.
- Cold Storage: Work with engineering teams protecting funds by leveraging the best of cold storage technology.
- Code Audit & Review: Help communicate and implement best practices across the engineering team including engaging specialized 3rd-parties as required.
- Experience working with production environments of any scale.
- Excited to explore new cryptocurrency networks at a very low level (specifications, implementation, and attack vectors).
- Demonstrated examples of a shipping-oriented approach to replacing manual toil with automated systems.
- Remote USA with periodic travel to Austin, Texas.
Why Unit 410
- Opportunity to collaborate with some of cryptocurrency’s most experienced engineers and entrepreneurs.
- A fast moving, collaborative and engineering led environment.
- Access to immense scale and resources.
- Golang & Rust.
- Substrate, Tendermint, and the latest protocols.
- Low level system hardening (offline hardware, libraries, and tools).
- Physical monitoring and security systems.
Applicable to Colorado applicants only – the base salary range for this position in Colorado is $100k to $200k. This position is eligible for incentive compensation in the form of a bonus.
Unit 410 is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Unit 410 does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.