One sunny Barcelona morning, two designers sat down to build a beautiful lead generation form for a bathroom company's showroom. They ended up reimagining the data collection experience, and realised it was one idea they wouldn't flush down the toilet. Today, Typeform is a team of over 400 people from more than 35 countries, with offices in Barcelona, Spain and San Francisco, US.
We're building a world where brands, businesses, and their communities can have more personal relationships with the people who matter most. To do this, we give people the tools they need to have conversational experiences at scale—because meaningful relationships start with conversations.
From online lead forms and engaging quizzes, to face-to-face encounters in the office, help us build more meaningful relationships, one conversation at a time.
About the Role
The VP of Data & Insights will lead the Data & Insights team of 65 people comprising Data Science and Analytics, BI, Data Visualisation, Data Engineering, Digital Analytics, Machine Learning, and Research functions; and prepare it to grow. Reporting to a Chief Financial Officer, you will foster a data and insights-driven culture aligned with the outcomes-driven company strategy. You'll work with leaders across the company and the senior management to identify strategic opportunities to increase the value of data, and set up processes that ensure data and analysis quality and consistency.
The VP will also lead the creation of data parameterisation, top-notch scalable tools and data infrastructure, develop advanced analytics and Machine Learning functions, and build data products that nurture the customer journey and ensure an augmented product experience.
Here's what you'll do:
Develop the Data & Insights team
- The VP of Data & Insights will manage the team and prepare it to grow. You will establish the right team structure, helping the current members up skill and hiring motivated specialists, keeping an eye on building the required capabilities for long-term success as we scale. The team scope includes Data Platform, Machine Learning, Tracking, Business Intelligence, Data Science and Research supporting the whole organisation.
- As the Data & Insights team leader, the VP will be someone that fosters a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies our values of transparency and trust. Ensuring the team works cooperatively, coordinated, feels empowered, and uses the best tools at each stage for their highest impact and collective success.
Develop data and outcomes- driven culture
- Foster a data- and insights-driven culture aligned with the outcomes-driven company strategy, developing the tools and infrastructure needed to empower all leaders and decision-makers with relevant and accurate data.
- Work with the Leadership Team (C-level executives) to establish vision, to govern and to create a culture that manages data as a company asset. Advocate for data, and not just a governor of it, by encouraging use of data as a source of value to make the best decisions, not just controlling it.
- Introduce an approach to identify and prioritise the data and analytics plans with clear line of sight to Typeform's strategy and results. Guide the strategy, development and deployment of the Typeform's data and analytics products.
- Surface strategic business opportunities including research and develop new data products to expand markets, monetise data (directly and indirectly) and grow company revenue.
Ensure all data needs are covered company-wide
- Promote the strategy, development and deployment of the Typeform's data and analytics products.
- Promote consistency in the business use of data, including agreements about business semantics and definitions, data ownership, business rules and targets. Create consistency in all of these areas across projects and the whole organisation.
- Lead the creation of a single, reliable, and accurate Source of Truth, avoiding data silos; and establish a solid, in-depth quantitative understanding of our customers.
- Create processes for the appropriate protection of data through a defined life cycle, from acquisition or creation to end of life destruction.
Here's what we are after:
- 15+ years of progressive experience in the technology industry
- Leadership experience with high-growth, SaaS products within larger companies
- Experience developing strategic plans to transform organisations and increasing growth through successful data products
- Experience managing a large Data & Insights team E2E both as a service organisation to other teams and as an independent R&D/Development centre.
- Technical expert, who can help individuals build data models, put code into production or be part of the conversation on the right databases for DWH needs.
- attract and engage experienced Data Scientists and Machine Learning individuals.
- Overachiever in generating impact through relevant data insights.
- Understand the important concepts associated with funnel optimisation:
- Experience in CRM, CDP will be appreciated.
- Record of outstanding success at organisations that prize progress, collaboration, customer service, and sales results
We're now a remote first company so this job can be based in our office in Barcelona or as a remote role in Spain. We also recruit remotely in the Netherlands, Germany, France, Ireland, Poland, Portugal, Romania and the UK as long as you do not require visa sponsorship. You'll be made to feel at home from the first moment, thanks to our thoughtfully designed remote onboarding. You'll get a €1,000 one-off payment to kit out your home office, plus €120 per month to cover any extra expenses. Other benefits include flexible working hours, a learning and development budget and private health insurance.
Interested? Hit Apply now and show us what you've got.
- Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customers, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we're committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We aim to be a more equal opportunity workplace.