One sunny Barcelona morning, two designers sat down to build a beautiful lead generation form for a bathroom company's showroom. They ended up reimagining the data collection experience, and realised it was one idea they wouldn't flush down the toilet. Today, Typeform is a team of over 400 people from more than 35 countries, with offices in Barcelona, Spain and San Francisco, US.
We're building a world where brands, businesses, and their communities can have more personal relationships with the people who matter most. To do this, we give people the tools they need to have conversational experiences at scale—because meaningful relationships start with conversations.
From online lead forms and engaging quizzes, to face-to-face encounters in the office, help us build more meaningful relationships, one conversation at a time.
About the team
Typeform is making data collection more conversational. And we're evolving like never before. But we're still young, and you'll get to shape the future of this company—beyond that, the industry.
We're looking for an accomplished and passionate Senior Backend Engineer with 10+ years experience. You'll report to a Director of Engineering or a Senior Engineering Manager.
You'll join us in our transition from monolith to micro-services architecture. As a high-growth organisation, we need an architecture that scales in a big way—by at least 20x, to be exact. Come help us scale and integrate Typeform with other platforms. You'll help us pick up the pace when it comes to delivering value to our users.
Find out more about our Engineering Value Proposition here.
Here's what you'll do:
- Get busy with the end-to-end lifecycle of features, from concept to deployment.
- Contribute to technical and architectural decisions.
- Work in a motley crew of engineers, designers, product owners.
- Grow—use your annual learning budget to take courses and go to conferences. There'll be plenty of other opportunities for advancement, such as mentoring, internal talks and workshops.
- Grow others—use your experience to help colleagues achieve their goals.
- Give back to the community—take one workday a month to contribute to an open source project of your choice.
About youHere's what we're after:
- You're comfortable picking up new stacks and choosing the right tool for the project. Even better, you're comfortable with Go or PHP.
- You've got experience working with AWS and Kafka
- You take ownership and feel responsible for the product as a whole. You don't mind working on legacy code.
- You have educated teams around good coding practices and principles.
- You've got experience guiding a team through successful architectural and technical decisions.
- You can show us how you made an impact beyond a team or departmental level.
- You've got a testing mindset—writing the right kind of test is a given for you.
- You understand that quality is down to everybody.
- You show maturity in tradeoffs and plan well.
We're now a remote first company so this job can be based in our office in Barcelona or as a remote role in Spain. We also recruit remotely in the Netherlands, Germany, France, Ireland, Poland, Portugal, Romania and the UK as long as you do not require visa sponsorship. You'll be made to feel at home from the first moment, thanks to our thoughtfully designed remote onboarding. You'll get a €1,000 one-off payment to kit out your home office, plus €120 per month to cover any extra expenses. Other benefits include flexible working hours, a learning and development budget and private health insurance.
Think you're a good fit? Hit apply—success might be just around the corner 😉
- Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customers, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we're committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We aim to be an equal opportunity workplace.