Founded circa 2012 in Barcelona, Typeform was founded by two designers: David Okuniev and Robert Muñoz. Their mission? Make online forms a little more human. Today, Typeform works on the future of online forms. Powering your brand’s interactions with beautifully designed, professional-looking online forms that people just love. Create forms, surveys, quizzes (and so much more) to grow your audience, improve just about anything, and validate (or invalidate) your best ideas.
The most important interaction on the web is the exchange of information between a brand and its audience. And that exchange usually happens through online forms. We believe that even a utility like online forms should be remarkable. Our customers say they get more answers from their audience and even the occasional compliment. Make every interaction count.
Typeform is a team of over 200 people representing 30 countries. Typeform is backed by fantastic investors – General Atlantic, Index Ventures, Point Nine Capital, RTAventures, and Connect Ventures. We have offices in Barcelona, Spain and in San Francisco, United States.
About the Role
Data and Machine Learning organization is a cross-functional team of Data and Machine Learning Engineers, Data Analysts, and Scientists and Market Researchers that provides critical insights to decision-makers in Marketing, Product, Customer Success, and other business functions. In partnership with Product, we are developing machine learning models that turn static web forms into dynamic conversational interfaces to elevate the experience of information exchange between businesses and their customers. Every month, tens of millions of people respond to surveys, fill check-out forms, inquire about products and plan work with Typeform. We want to make this experience seamless, effortless, intuitive and adaptive to each respondent. Machine learning is how we will achieve that.
We are looking for a Senior/Staff Machine Learning engineers, who will work with our Data Scientists and Data Engineers to productionize and scale models behind some of the key product features as well as models that power our marketing and customer success campaigns. You will be involved in all steps of model development and maintenance and ensure that we balance end-to-end product delivery and maintenance, invest in infrastructure and resolve technical debt, and perform exploratory investigations for existing model improvements and new model development.
The key area of exploration and development include:
- Recommendation models that help guide our customers to get more value from Typeform. Our goal is to help our customers discover more features and applications of Typeform in their businesses.
- NLP models that can help guide our customers to write better questions and increase completion rates for their forms and surveys.
- Sentiment analysis to help our customers better understand the responses they receive.
- Models to evolve our forms into conversational agents capable of handling bi-directional conversations and responding to goal-oriented requests that do not follow a traditional tree structure associated with forms or traditional chatbots.
- Models to power our programmatic marketing efforts, including buyer and customer segmentation, campaign and creative optimization.
The ideal candidate has experience working on machine learning features and products and has experience deploying models to production. You understand the scalability and performance trade-offs between different models and how to develop and maintain the machine learning pipeline in distributed and non-distributed environments. You have worked with engineering teams to improve the product architecture and to allow for easy deployment of machine learning models.
- Work with Product Managers, Data Scientists, and other ML Engineers to define Machine Learning problems within the business context.
- Own or partner with data scientists across the full development cycle: design, development, QA, experimentation, analysis, and deployment.
- Develop, productionize and maintain models for customer segmentation, LTV and churn prediction, marketing spend optimization, and creative optimization.
- Develop, productionize and maintain models for product recommendations, sentiment analysis, discourse analysis, etc.
- Drive further improvement to our workflow for experimenting, developing, and testing new machine learning algorithms.
- You have experience with sci-kit-learn or other ML libraries and with some DL libraries such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras, MXNet, etc.
- You have experience in the areas of streaming ML, recommenders, NLP, AI Agents, and knowledge graphs is a plus.
- You have experience with caching solutions (Memcache, Redis, etc.), NoSQL databases (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.) and queuing technologies (Kafka, SQS, etc.)
- You have experience designing and productionizing large-scale distributed systems built around Machine Learning models and big data. Experience with Spark and AWS is highly desired.
- You have built ML services in SOA or microservices architecture. Experience with Scala/Java frameworks such as Play, HTTP, Akka is a plus.
- You are an “engineer at heart”. You take pride in designing software systems and producing clean, modular, high-quality code. You have experience working with version control and continuous integration tools.
- You have 6+ years of experience as a Software Engineer and track-record of building applications using Scala/Java and Python.
- You have 4+ years of experience building large-scale Machine Learning pipelines and data-driven products.
- You have a B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical field.
- You are entrepreneurial, self-directed and strongly biased towards action. You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You love to learn and continuously invest time to improve your skills.
- You are fluent in English and enjoy working in a multicultural environment.
Think you’re a good fit? Hit apply—success might be just around the corner 😉
*Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.