Tempus Ex Machina is the technological vanguard for the sports and entertainment industry. Utilizing unprecedented access, we R&D at the world’s biggest sporting events. Merging sports, video, and data with innovation and accessibility, Tempus Ex technology enables the creation of new interactive experiences around live events. Harnessing the latest AI, machine learning, and data science technologies alongside unparalleled access to sports, entertainment, and technology leaders, we have partnered with the National Football League, premier global sports leagues, broadcasters, gaming companies and world-class athletes to deliver cutting-edge solutions that will forever change the sports consumption experience. We recently closed a Series B investment round led by Silver Lake and Endeavor. Additionally, Seed and Series A investors Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, and Will Ventures also participated in the Series B funding round.
Join our passionate team of former Tesla, Amazon, Google and Microsoft alumni. We are on the lookout for the next generation of self-starters driven by a desire to bring the Silicon Valley ethos of disruption and state-of-the-art technologies to revolutionize the sports landscape. We can’t wait to hear from you.
As Platform Product Manager, you will work closely with colleagues in engineering, product, data science, and the exec team to make tools to create the best possible insights from a disparate collection of real time and historical data sets in and around sporting events.
- You have 5+ years of product management experience with a demonstrated ability to ship the first version of a data-centric product in a startup environment (bonus for doing it more than once). Real time and/or low latency data-centric product experience would be a BIG bonus.
- You have a passion for gleaning insights from structured and unstructured data. In doing so you likely have practical experience using tools such as (but in no way limited to) Python, R, PyTorch, Tensorflow, Colab, or other similar tools.
- You have opinions on topics such as supervised learning, unsupervised learning, dimensionality reduction, training models, bayesian networks, data cleansing, and neural networks. You can speak intelligently about, and defend these opinions.
- You might have participated in a Kaggle competition (bonus for a sports Kaggle competition).
- You have a knack for effectively communicating abstract data-centric ideas to a non-technical audience.
- You have experience working in an agile environment.
- You are comfortable working with distributed teams across multiple offices and timezones.
- You have a passion for using data to understand sports. Bonus for being an active member of the sports data community.
- Business cases on a feature by feature basis.
- Product requirements that support those business cases.
- Product roadmaps to support those requirements.
- Execution plans for those roadmaps.
Perks & Benefits
- Generous Vacation: Flexible PTO, mandatory 2-week minimum
- Health/Wellness: Reimbursements up to $200 per month
- Travel: We work in sports stadiums around the country, and will sometimes travel to events
- Cell Phone Allowance: $37.50 per pay period ($75 per month) automatically included with each pay period to help cover cell phone costs
- Health Insurance: Full medical, dental, and vision
- 401(K) Contribution: 401(k) plan with up to 4% matching
- Workshop/Conferences: We will reimburse expenses for one technical conference each year
Tempus Ex Machina, Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Tempus Ex Machina complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.