Tempus Ex Machina is the technological vanguard for the sports and entertainment industry. Utilizing unprecedented access, we R&D at the world’s biggest sporting events. Merging sports, video, and data with innovation and accessibility, Tempus Ex technology enables the creation of new interactive experiences around live events. Harnessing the latest AI, machine learning, and data science technologies alongside unparalleled access to sports, entertainment, and technology leaders, we have partnered with the National Football League, premier global sports leagues, broadcasters, gaming companies and world-class athletes to deliver cutting-edge solutions that will forever change the sports consumption experience. We recently closed a Series B investment round led by Silver Lake and Endeavor. Additionally, Seed and Series A investors Andreesen Horowitz, General Catalyst, and Will Ventures also participated in the Series B funding round.
Join our passionate team of former Tesla, Amazon, Google and Microsoft alumni. We are on the lookout for the next generation of self-starters driven by a desire to bring the Silicon Valley ethos of disruption and state-of-the-art technologies to revolutionize the sports landscape. We can’t wait to hear from you.
As a senior product designer at Tempus Ex Machina, you will be responsible for creating industry-leading user experiences for our innovative technology. To be successful in this role, you must be a seasoned professional in quickly understanding technical capabilities, business needs, and product/user requirements and synthesizing solutions. Execution at a high level is paramount, with an emphasis on rapid production and iteration.
We are uniquely positioned in our industry space and in the middle of an active period of success and growth. We are looking for talented people who are passionate and ready to bring a lot to the table.
Additionally, as a senior staff member, you will be looked to for your expertise and your leadership abilities. You will be expected to be pushing our product design quality ever forward, and be a real “builder” in collaboration with the rest of the team and the director.
- A demonstrable history of high-quality UI designs for shipped products and an established process of iteration based on user testing, data gathering, and teamwork with colleagues
- Rapid prototyping with Figma, Framer, InVision, Adobe xD or similar tools
- Agile development methodologies, working with cross-functional teams using platforms such as JIRA, Github, Pivotal Tracker, etc., and experience with direct design handoff to engineers
- A user-centered design approach that shows empathy, insight, and thoughtfulness for how a user interacts with software, and an ability to anticipate user needs
- 7+ years experience in product/UX design with a Bachelor’s Degree (any field, but design is preferred)
- 4+ years experience with a Master’s Degree in HCI / Design
- 10+ years experience with no degree
Perks & Benefits
- Generous Vacation: Flexible PTO, mandatory 2-week minimum
- Health/Wellness: Reimbursements up to $200 per month
- Travel: We work in sports stadiums around the country, and will sometimes travel to events
- Cell Phone Allowance: $37.50 per pay period ($75 per month) automatically included with each pay period to help cover cell phone costs
- Health Insurance: Full medical, dental, and vision
- 401(K) Contribution: 401(k) plan with up to 4% matching
- Workshop/Conferences: We will reimburse expenses for one technical conference each year
Tempus Ex Machina, Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Tempus Ex Machina complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
To the extent permitted by law, Tempus Ex requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a medical condition, disability, or deeply held religious objection that prevents vaccination.