Tempus Ex is the technological vanguard for the sports and entertainment industry. Harnessing the latest AI, ML, and data science technologies from the autonomous driving space alongside unparalleled access to sports, entertainment and technology leaders, we have partnered with top global sports leagues, broadcasters, and gaming companies to bring sports technology into the 21st century.
Utilizing our unprecedented access, we R&D at the world’s biggest sporting events, developing a stack of cloud and edge compute systems which deliver bleeding-edge data sets for broadcast, gaming, fantasy, analytics, statistics, and much more.
Led by a team hailing from the sports and technology sectors, we are always on the lookout for the next generation of self-starters driven by a desire to disrupt and revolutionize sports entertainment with state-of-the-art technologies. You’ll be in great company, counting alumni from Apple, Google, Amazon, Tesla, and Microsoft as your colleagues.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about transforming the tech and sports landscapes. We care that you are hungry to join a tight-knit, collaborative team from all walks of life. We will give you the space to put your amazing skills to work shipping products to millions of people who will have instant gratification.
We can’t wait to hear from you.
As a Backend Engineer, you will help build out our sports data platform. You will also play a key role in establishing our tech stack, and have sway on architectural decisions. You are passionate about solving problems at scale, and go the extra mile to minimize latency. As a senior engineer, you enjoy spreading knowledge and contributing to technical debates.
- Experience with modern, safe backend languages such as Golang, Rust, or TypeScript.
- History of architecting high availability deployments - we’re passionate about adding more 9’s.
- DevOps experience, using Docker, CI services, and infrastructure as code to perform safe, zero-downtime deployments.
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure providers such as AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Experience with large-scale or real-time distributed systems.
- Understanding of NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB, MongoDB, and Redis, and concurrency control patterns.
- Experience with messaging technologies such as SQS, Kafka, or NATS and idioms such as fan-out and request-reply.
- Experience implementing robust and well-designed REST, JSON:API, or GraphQL APIs.
- Relentless attention to infosec best practices.
- An interest in real-time audio/video processing and machine learning.
- GENEROUS VACATION: Flexible PTO, mandatory 2-week minimum.
- GYM/FITNESS: Gym reimbursements up to $200 per month.
- TRAVEL: We work in sports stadiums around the country, and will sometimes travel to events.
- FLEXIBLE HOURS: Productivity is more important than working a certain set of hours.
- HEALTH INSURANCE: Full medical, dental, and vision.
- 401(K) CONTRIBUTION: 401(k) plan with up to 4% matching.
- WORKSHOPS/CONFERENCES: We will reimburse expenses for one technical conference each year.
Tempus Ex Machina, Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Tempus Ex Machina complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.