With our real-time 3D tracking technology, we create data models for live predictive analytics. This enables new types of fantasy sports games that are more engaging for fans—both in the stadium and at home.
We also create interactive AR experiences for fans that improve the engagement with teams and players. These experiences can be personalized and easily integrate with social media.
With unprecedented access to sporting events, we aim to partner with sports leagues around the world to implement this technology. With hands-on R&D at live events, we are developing edge hardware that streams to our cloud-based ML systems.
As Tempus Ex’s Strategic Finance Analyst / Manager (open to either level depending on skill and experience), you will work directly with the CEO, SVP of Operations, and the Director of Finance & Strategy to conduct financial analyses to generate data-driven decisions that will impact and shape business priorities and the company’s general direction. The role will require you to maintain a delicate balance of addressing short-term / high-priority tactical business needs with pioneering longer-term initiatives that require “big-picture” thinking. Alongside the Director of Finance & Strategy, you will lead forecasting and financial reporting efforts for the organization, playing a critical role within Tempus Ex.
- Establish the financial planning and analysis (FP&A) practice at Tempus Ex as the first dedicated member of the Strategic Finance team
- Develop and maintain both short-term and long-term financial forecasts across our business lines
- Conduct rigorous analyses of Tempus Ex’s financial performance across business units and product lines and provide data-driven insights for weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Partner with team members to drive budgeting processes, strategic decision making and initiative prioritization
- Examine the performance of comparable companies to develop and maintain benchmarking materials that provide insight into our performance and inform long-term planning
- Diagnose and pinpoint areas for improvement within the organization (cost reductions, changes to stale processes / systems) as you evaluate the company’s financial health and performance to help develop Tempus Ex’s strategic direction
- Prepare board materials and investor presentations that clearly and succinctly communicate the overall financial health of Tempus Ex
- Support any fundraising / M&A / corporate development initiatives as they arise
- 3-5 years of experience at a high-growth startup in a finance / FP&A role and / or experience in investment banking or at an investment firm
- Fundamentally curious and relentless in understanding the “why”
- A structured thinker who is data-driven and has a bias for action
- Experience in evaluating and forecasting SaaS and subscription business models
- Strong communicator; can effectively convey complex analyses to a broad set of people
- Track record of success in working cross-functionally, identifying and resolving issues independently, and generating results
- Organized and disciplined with strong project management abilities
- Excellent Excel modeling skills
- Experience with SQL, Looker, or other data visualization tools
- Possesses a sense of urgency in line with our value of “No Day Wasted”
- A lover of local businesses -- supporting and building great products for them
- GENEROUS VACATION: Flexible PTO, mandatory 2-week minimum.
- HEALTH/WELLNESS: Reimbursements up to $200 per month.
- TRAVEL: We work in sports stadiums around the country, and will sometimes travel to events.
- FLEXIBLE HOURS: Productivity is more important than working a certain set of hours.
- HEALTH INSURANCE: Full medical, dental, and vision.
- 401(K) CONTRIBUTION: 401(k) plan with up to 4% matching.
- WORKSHOPS/CONFERENCES: We will reimburse expenses for one technical conference each year.
Tempus Ex Machina, Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Tempus Ex Machina complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.