Tempus Ex is the technological vanguard for the sports and entertainment industry. Harnessing the latest AI, ML, and data science technologies from the autonomous driving space alongside unparalleled access to sports, entertainment and technology leaders, we have partnered with top global sports leagues, broadcasters, and gaming companies to bring sports technology into the 21st century.
We also create interactive AR experiences for fans that improve the engagement with teams and players. These experiences can be personalized and easily integrate with social media.
With unprecedented access to sporting events, we aim to partner with sports leagues around the world to implement this technology. With hands-on R&D at live events, we are developing edge hardware that streams to our cloud-based ML systems.
Reporting to the Director of Product Design, you will be involved at every step of product development, from brainstorming broad ideas to ensuring design quality through launch to iterating on products based on data and user feedback. Using your full range of interaction, visual, and product thinking skills, you will collaborate with the entire engineering team at Tempus Ex Machina. Ideal candidates will be excited about working in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment within the sports niche.
- Problem solve, think big, and explore divergent concepts while understanding how to converge and build iteratively towards your vision. Largely work in the “double diamond” design process paradigm.
- Document your research for the team and work collaboratively in the ideation process, not in a silo.
- Plan strategically and think tactically as a partner with product and engineering to define and deliver releases on schedule.
- Take ownership of the product design work using high quality wireframes, mockups, user journey maps/flows, interactive prototypes, and polished final UI.
- Push the products forward with strong visual design skills. Attention to detail and understanding of a larger visual language system are musts.
- Advocate for design by sharing your work and presenting cross-functionally, while being able to precisely articulate design rationale rooted in solving user problems.
- Inspire the entire team (including your cross-functional) partners by bringing new ideas to the table
- 5+ years of experience working in UX, UI, HCI related field mainly in mobile
- Experience with IOS and Android product design and design guidelines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with design tools (Figma, Sketch, Adobe CS, etc)
- Proficient with interactive prototyping tools (Framer, Figma, Invision Studio, etc.)
- Excellence in design- you are a subject matter expert
- Ability to work with a low-ego, highly collaborative, cross-functional team
- Experience with motion graphics and animation are a huge plus
- GENEROUS VACATION: Flexible PTO, mandatory 2-week minimum.
- HEALTH/WELLNESS: Reimbursements up to $200 per month.
- TRAVEL: We work in sports stadiums around the country, and will sometimes travel to events.
- FLEXIBLE HOURS: Productivity is more important than working a certain set of hours.
- HEALTH INSURANCE: Full medical, dental, and vision.
- 401(K) CONTRIBUTION: 401(k) plan with up to 4% matching.
- WORKSHOPS/CONFERENCES: We will reimburse expenses for one technical conference each year.
Tempus Ex Machina, Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Tempus Ex Machina complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.