Tempus Ex is the technological vanguard for the sports and entertainment industry. Harnessing the latest AI, ML, and data science technologies from the autonomous driving space alongside unparalleled access to sports, entertainment and technology leaders, we have partnered with top global sports leagues, broadcasters, and gaming companies to bring sports technology into the 21st century.
Utilizing our unprecedented access, we R&D at the world’s biggest sporting events, developing a stack of cloud and edge compute ML systems which deliver bleeding-edge data sets for broadcast, gaming, fantasy, analytics, statistics, and much more.
Led by a team hailing from the sports and technology sectors, we are always on the lookout for the next generation of self starters driven by a desire to bring the Silicon Valley ethos of disruption and state-of-the-art technologies to revolutionize sports and entertainment. You’ll be in great company, counting alumni from Apple, BitTorrent, Facebook, Intel and Tesla as your colleagues.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about transforming the tech and sports landscapes. We care that you are hungry to join a tight-knit, collaborative team that hails from all walks of life. We will give you the space to put your amazing skills to work at a breakneck pace, shipping products to millions of people who will have instant gratification.
We can’t wait to hear from you.
Director of People
As our first people leader, you’ll oversee the people function of our growing San Francisco based company. You’ll work closely with our executive team to develop and lead all people efforts across a distributed workforce in multiple states. You’ll build the associated teams needed to scale our people operations and systems and processes needed to support the scale of the company.
- Develop people initiatives: happiness, engagement, training, resources planning, company culture enhancement, team building, employee development, review and performance metrics, etc.
- Lead and grow our talent team to meet the company’s growth targets.
- Provide valued consultation, build partnerships, advise senior leadership
- Work with our legal function to oversee legal and regulatory topics that relate to People Operations, including immigration, state registration and other employment-related areas.
- Set up and administer the HR policies and procedures
- Shape and nurture our culture, while aligning with our values, mission, and vision
- The right person will thrive in an "roll up your sleeves" environment, loves solving people problems and can pivot quickly and flex.
- 7 to 10 years of experience in senior People/HR related leadership roles, preferably at both small and large tech companies, and with experience in high growth environments
- Experience researching and implementing compensation structure, career ladders/path, and performance reviews
- Experience working closely with recruiting
- Demonstrated success maintaining culture in a high growth, technical company
- Possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal- approachable
- GENEROUS VACATION: Flexible PTO
- GYM/FITNESS: Gym reimbursements up to $200 per month.
- TRAVEL: We work in sports stadiums around the country, and will sometimes travel to events.
- FLEXIBLE HOURS: Productivity is more important than working a certain set of hours.
- HEALTH INSURANCE: Full medical, dental, and vision.
- 401(K) CONTRIBUTION: 401(k) plan with up to 4% matching.
- WORKSHOPS/CONFERENCES: We will reimburse expenses for one conference each year.
Tempus Ex Machina, Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Tempus Ex Machina complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.